PDA

View Full Version : Very anxious about headache after bumping my head :(

anxious_thoughts
01-03-16, 07:05
Hi guys,

Yesterday morning I bumped the centre of my forehead really hard on the sharp corner of a cabinet after bending over to pick something up.

The area where I got hurt is sore to touch, however there is not bruising or bump. The only thing that's really worrying me is the on and off headaches. About 10 minutes after I bumped my head I started getting a headache mostly located in my left side of forehead. I took a Motrin and it went away, however, l have realized that I only have a headache when I bend over.

This is really putting me in panick mode. Every time I bend down I get a sharp head ache that goes away instantly when I stand up again. The pain is around my left temple, and goes down to above the joint of the left side of my jaw. I'm terrified :(

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Anyone? :(

Elen
01-03-16, 08:01
Jen judging by your recent posts your anxiety is spiralling.

What do you normally do to re-assure yourself.

Regarding this, your skull is designed to protect our brains from knocks and bumps, you will however have bruised the skin. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

GingerFish
01-03-16, 16:02
I bump my head all the time and even if the bump is minor and the pain only lasts about 10 seconds, I still worry that I am gonna have a concussion or something. The headache you have when you bend over now is most likely from tension or just bruised muscles from the bump. The more you stress, the tighter your head and neck muscles become and they hurt more when they are moved or touched. If there was anything actually wrong in your head, it wouldn't only hurt when you moved and you would have many other symptoms such as dizziness, sickness etc. You are fine.