PDA

View Full Version : Hello

NoraB
01-03-16, 10:06
Hi All,
So what brought me here...
Basically I've always suffered with anxiety. As a child, I constantly thought I was dying but now I understand they were panic attacks. A hormonal reshuffle settled things for about 30 years where I had anxiety but no panic attacks then Mother Nature decided to retire my ovaries early and as the hormones levels have dipped, my anxiety has soared.
I had my first nocturnal panic attack two years ago and gradually I've declined to the point where I was taken to the A & E department a week ago after I woke up with my heart racing like the clappers and it wouldn't slow down. An ambulance was called and off I went in my tea-stained dressing gown and reindeer slippers to be told it was most likely a panic attack as my heart was checked to be OK. I was given 40mg of Propranolol but the side-effects from that were much worse than the 'near death experience'. A reduced dosage (10mg x 2) didn't help and on Sunday I came off them so now I am having side effects from that. :scared15:
I'm the mother of two men and a little boy who is autistic. I need to get better so I can be the mum he needs me to be. This forum is where I will come in the early hours when my heart is sounding like an old clapped out engine.
Nice to meet you.:)

venusbluejeans
01-03-16, 10:11
Hiya NoraB and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: