PDA

View Full Version : scared

tricia56
01-03-16, 14:51
Sorry to keep posting but please is this normal in anxiety as woke up i felt really anxiouse and all of a sudden i started to think i cant cope with feeling like this nomore i even ended up crying because i was so scared im loosing it and having a nervouse breakdown ive never felt like this before, i even foned my gp surgeryup to get my gp to ring me because i felt so scared he is going to fone me at 4, i just feel so scared.

Chocolateface
01-03-16, 15:01
Yes feeling scared is part of it at least it is for me, what is it you are afraid of, you don't have to say but telling you gp may get you other help.

Don't worry about how many posts and threads you do, when I get severe anxiety I could do one an hour.

Clare

shiznit76
01-03-16, 15:12
Are you on any meds to help?

wantpeace
01-03-16, 15:15
As awful as it feels, yes, it is anxiety. Are you taking any medication or doing anything else to cope with it?

tricia56
01-03-16, 15:29
Thk you all for getting back to me Im not on any meds and just waiting for some kind of therapy but not sure how long that will be as i dont want to take meds.

GingerFish
01-03-16, 15:45
Thk you all for getting back to me Im not on any meds and just waiting for some kind of therapy but not sure how long that will be as i dont want to take meds.

What you described in your first post sounds like what I was like at my worst and it was truly terrifying so I know exactly how you feel. I honestly didn't think anxiety could make me feel that way. I promise though it does get easier, especially after the more you learn about anxiety and when you face and accept it instead of trying to hide it and run away from it. That is the hard part though and it took me years to master it. I never took meds for any of my MH conditions either, mainly due to OCD contamination fears and plus I had seen my family become dependent on anti depressants. If you are waiting for CBT and its not deemed as urgent then it can be a long wait depending on your area. I only had to wait for 2 months but mine was deemed as urgent because of my OCD but my stepdad got CBT for his panic attacks and anxiety and he had to wait 11 months I think it was.

shiznit76
01-03-16, 15:49
sometimes a combination of meds and CBT or some other therapy are neded to help bring relief

Carolin
01-03-16, 16:38
Tricia, I feel scared, frightened and very alone most days. It is anxiety, but knowing that doesn't help really.

I am a 47 year old Mum of 4, but I feel like a terrified child when I am at my worst. I think the alone feeling is the worst, which is why I post on here.

I hope your GP was able to help you today. Sometimes it takes a professional to calm me down.

More than anything I wanted to tell you people on here care, and understand. :hugs:

shiznit76
01-03-16, 16:59
How'd you get on with the doc?

tricia56
01-03-16, 18:11
Hi everyone thk you all so much for your kindness and support im feeling a little better now thk you i spoketo gp over the fone and told how ive been feeling and fel lightheaded and my arms keep going weak she said that im probly more aniouse because of the frieght i had on thursday and been to scared to stand up incase i got dizzy and passout which i did post on the health anxietyforum at the week end and to just try and forget about it now and because i keep getting lightheaded if it doent go in then next few dsys to make a appointment to get my blood pressure checked , like you caroline i m 59 and react like a teriefied when i m so overwelmed with anxiety , you would think that having sufferd 10yrs with it i wouldbe able to cope with it alot better and not beso scared of it .

pulisa
01-03-16, 18:22
Tricia, there are many people who suffer just like you do on here. We all understand and you are not going mad xx

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-16, 07:13
You've been under more stress with the shock you had the other day so trust your GP.

Waking with high anxiety was exactly how I was. The worst half of the day was always the worst for me, and still is these days just to a much lesser degree than before.

I've said this before but I regarded what my anxiety did to me was to reduce me to a scared little child. It was like I had to relearn my strength again but this time with something deliberately pushing back to prevent me. It many ways, it was like that.

It doesn't matter what age you are or what you have done with your life, when you hit the wall and have one of these disorders it can strip you of al your confidence & strength.

We are here to support you when you need us, Tricia. :hugs::flowers:

tricia56
02-03-16, 10:26
Thk you terry, i do have to learn to trust my gp and everyone else who tells me im ok i even try and tell myself im ok but for some reason it dont work , i dont know if its because ive no conviedence in myself i just seem to scared to do anything because
of the way i feel all the time i dont seem to have any motivation or courage , i do want to things etc but there just seems to be something stopping and i end up just sitting in my room and just worry and feel sorry formyself which i dont want to do but i always end up doing it even tho i know itsnot helping me and just makes me worse .

MyNameIsTerry
08-03-16, 09:12
I think a load of us will understand that, I know I do. At my worst that's all I did. My anxiety kept me a prisoner in a little bubble where trying to move outside of it was a risk. Then you get the fatigue, the lack of self confidence, etc and you don't won't to move outside it. Then on comes the depression, the self esteem drops.

What I found was that it is all "micro steps". You push things a little here & there and make them part of your routines in some way so that you are more likely to keep doing them. Just pick little things.

It will feel like you are going nowhere at times but the thing is, if you aren't trying to do these things then you really are stuck still. It's hard and it can take ages to feel the benefit but it does come down to that choice. It's clear you choose to change but are just held back by that inner "pull". It can fell like something holding you in place. You think about doing something and you feel rooted to the spot. It's exhausting changing this.

I'm not someone who has conquered this, I still struggle with it, but that's just how I got out of the worst of it.

tricia56
08-03-16, 12:13
Thks terry , i got a letter from the mental health team about haveing a assesment next week to see what cbt therapy as my physcitrist recomended it but im worried when i go they will say they cant help me because im not taking medication as that is wat happened with IApt and i dont know if the mental health assesment team are apart of IAPT and the will say the same

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-16, 06:56
They may not be connected with IAPT. In my city it is split into 2 services, one for north and one for south. I was with the south and was referred to that IAPT partner which was a charity receiving grants to provide the service. There are many charities doing this with big ones being MIND and the Rethink network. The latter was who my IAPT service were a part of.

You could look up your post code on this NHS search for IAPT services and the name of the service you used should be there:

http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological-therapies-(IAPT)/LocationSearch/10008

If you see yours, have a look at their website and see if they are an actual NHS party. If not, they won't be connected to the CMHT you are seeing next. Even if they are NHS, they may be a separate dept and you know what these large public bodies are like, they never talk to each other!

shiznit76
09-03-16, 08:42
You've been under more stress with the shock you had the other day so trust your GP.

Waking with high anxiety was exactly how I was. The worst half of the day was always the worst for me, and still is these days just to a much lesser degree than before.

I've said this before but I regarded what my anxiety did to me was to reduce me to a scared little child. It was like I had to relearn my strength again but this time with something deliberately pushing back to prevent me. It many ways, it was like that.

It doesn't matter what age you are or what you have done with your life, when you hit the wall and have one of these disorders it can strip you of al your confidence & strength.

We are here to support you when you need us, Tricia. :hugs::flowers:

Do you take meds to help you Terry? You are such a great source of experience and knowledge, I find your posts excellent

MyNameIsTerry
11-03-16, 05:03
Do you take meds to help you Terry? You are such a great source of experience and knowledge, I find your posts excellent

Thanks shiznit, I really appreciate that.

Yes, I take Duloxetine since my relapse. Before that I was on Citalopram.

shiznit76
11-03-16, 07:58
Thanks shiznit, I really appreciate that.

Yes, I take Duloxetine since my relapse. Before that I was on Citalopram.

How to you find the duloxetine?> Was suggested for me.

MyNameIsTerry
11-03-16, 08:07
It doesn't suit me, the side effects never ended. It also is the reason I now have OCD when before I only had GAD. I didn't know as I didn't know much about anxiety (relied solely on my GP back then) and my GP kept telling me it was 100% my anxiety and I was naïve. I worked on the OCD though and had a lot of success but prior to the norepinephrine level dose (60mg) I never had OCD. It gave me the worst agitation I've ever felt by far for about 8-10 days. The 30mg dose was ok though, that felt like there was some improvement so I'm probably just not suited to SNRI's. It's only a SSRI at 30mg just as Venlafaxine is just a SSRI until 150mg.

Many of the side effects I had have lingered and were not the anxiety symptoms I had either but my GP wouldn't have it. I gave up and walked away in the end.

It's too activating for me. Citalopram was more successful and the side effects didn't last.

Don't let me put you off, I've seen people on here say the complete opposite. Some people have had no side effects (jammy sods :biggrin:). It's the typical issue of individuality with these meds.

shiznit76
11-03-16, 08:36
It doesn't suit me, the side effects never ended. It also is the reason I now have OCD when before I only had GAD. I didn't know as I didn't know much about anxiety (relied solely on my GP back then) and my GP kept telling me it was 100% my anxiety and I was naïve. I worked on the OCD though and had a lot of success but prior to the norepinephrine level dose (60mg) I never had OCD. It gave me the worst agitation I've ever felt by far for about 8-10 days. The 30mg dose was ok though, that felt like there was some improvement so I'm probably just not suited to SNRI's. It's only a SSRI at 30mg just as Venlafaxine is just a SSRI until 150mg.

Many of the side effects I had have lingered and were not the anxiety symptoms I had either but my GP wouldn't have it. I gave up and walked away in the end.

It's too activating for me. Citalopram was more successful and the side effects didn't last.

Don't let me put you off, I've seen people on here say the complete opposite. Some people have had no side effects (jammy sods :biggrin:). It's the typical issue of individuality with these meds.

I know, it is so frustrating when you read how well someone gets on with a drug that has failed for myself, especially now I have 5 different ones under my belt and no joy

pulisa
11-03-16, 08:53
Getting an accurate diagnosis from the psychiatrist may help in the choice of meds but sometimes meds merely aggravate a condition and you may have to look at other options?

shiznit76
11-03-16, 09:05
Getting an accurate diagnosis from the psychiatrist may help in the choice of meds but sometimes meds merely aggravate a condition and you may have to look at other options?

I've done all sorts, CBT, meditation, exercise even hypnotherapy! would say the exercise is the best thing, but not practical to keep running all day everyday lol

pulisa
11-03-16, 09:45
Me too.

shiznit76
11-03-16, 09:54
Me too.

so what do you do Pulisa now to keep the anxiety at bay?

pulisa
11-03-16, 09:57
Accept it and live with it to the best of my ability. There's no magic answer for me. The unbearable agitation is the worst but I know it will pass eventually.

shiznit76
11-03-16, 10:04
Accept it and live with it to the best of my ability. There's no magic answer for me. The unbearable agitation is the worst but I know it will pass eventually.

How long do your "bad" times last?
Do you take any meds still?

pulisa
11-03-16, 11:48
Weeks and no, I don't take meds now. I'm also a carer to my adult autistic daughter so have additional issues to bear in mind. I'm coping though and you will too. I really hope your appointment helps you and gives you added insight.

shiznit76
11-03-16, 11:52
Thanks, and sorry for hijacking this thread!
will let you all know how it goes