PDA

View Full Version : constant dizziness/palps..and darent sleep!

willls123
02-03-07, 13:07
Hello everyone.

First of all let me start by saying how great this place is. It is a real comfort to know that you aren't alone and I think helps to relieve the immediate fear of danger which perpetuates my symptoms..and probably some of yours too.

My problems stem from the old ectopics...but i don't just get the odd one or two. I have them all day everyday, at leat 1000 of them. As well as this I get dizziness when I walk or do anything. It's like the floor is uneven and suddenly i'll find myself on my heels leaning backwards or leaning to the side. Can Anxiety seriously create such a reaction in a healthy heart??!

I have had various tests about 6 months ago on my heart and told it was fine...but maybe its time to go back? I am so exghausted with it all, as I am sure all of you are!! Does anyone else have the fear of going to sleep in case their heart stops beating? I know I need sleep, and tiredness certainly makes my symptoms worse..but I won't let myself drift off in case its the last bit of consciousness I have.

Any shared symptoms or advice would be great. Hope evryone is finding their own little way of coping with this awfulness!

Will x

Piglet
02-03-07, 13:43
Hello Will and welcome to the site :D

Firstly have you had a good read of some of the links on the left - Meg wrote a good article about ectopics!!

It was funny heart flutterings that brought me to the site nearly 2 years ago and has since given me much reassurance.

I've rung my doctor on quite a few occasions which does sometimes make me feel better but something Meg said once said really helped me, she said to try and see the ectopics as no more annoying than a run of sneezes and this really clicked with me. :)

I do still get them from time to time and had some only the other day actually but now the major fear of them has lessened then so the flutterings have diminished.

I too get the dizziness symtom, infact my two biggest symptoms are the same as yours really. Ask you doctor again and then write down what he says so the next time you worry you can refer to it. Once we feel truly reassured then the biggest sting of the fear abates and your whole anxiety symptoms calm down.

Love Piglet :)

Wendie j
02-03-07, 14:05
Hi Will

yes these are my dreaded fears aswell these palps and then when i have them it brings on an awfull dizzy spell and i feel that i will collapse.If you read through the threads on palps you will see just how many of us suffer from them,and get some advice.One common thread seems to run through them all, weve all had tests and they are nothing to worry about everyone has a healthy heart!im glad you had tests to rule everything out something would have showed if there was anything.Another visit to the docs could put your mind at rest,and i know that there are certain meds that can help if it is distressing you so much.

I know just how scarey they can be,i had a few major ones at my parents house last week i was 50 miles from home and thought i was going to die so i totally sympathise.Alot of people come on here and mail as they are having them it helps alot as there is always people to chat to.

Its amazing just what adrenalin rushing round your body can do.I find that by sleeping it actually takes them away,i think its because my brain is stopping stressing and it can get on with calming down.I find aswell the more i worry about having one the more i get them!,so the other day when i had one i just thought in my head "oh thats a palp so what",but like everyone i get my brave days and then scared days.

So you are not on your own,my mum has them as well but just swares at them now im looking forward to reacting like that!

hope this helps -you are not alone

let us know how you get on.

Wendie j x

willls123
02-03-07, 14:11
Thankyou Piglet!

I guess the hard bit is accepting there isn't anything wrong with me...I am at work at the moment for instance, and all i can think about is my heart. Im not so bad sitting down here, but as soon as i get up and move I feel dizzy and get awful palpitations! I am suppsed to be going for a meal with my girlfriend tonight and I just cannot face it...she is great and really supportive, but I know I won't be myself and probably spoil her night. The last thing I want to do!

You sound as though you have battled through the worst of your symptoms, or at least know how to control them a bit, which is great...I shall try and use those thought processes you mentioned and see if it helps.

Will xx

willls123
02-03-07, 14:17
Thankyou to you too wendie!

I think you are right about the adrenaline...its a shame most of us seem to be too scared to get rid of it via exercise eh!? It's just a series of various circles i hope to break very soon before i go insane!!

Good luck with it..I hope the braver days outweigh the scared days and continue to do so.

Will xx