PDA

View Full Version : Anxious trinkets and toys?

xilvey
02-03-16, 00:23
Hey guys, my mother in law recently bought me some worry dolls . the plan is to tell the dolls my worries before bed, put them in a bag and put them under my pillow at night. I love the idea and I do so every night which does give me temporary relief to help me sleep.

Does anyone else have something like this?

I know many keep journals and such but I remember when I was younger I had a small teddy which would fit in my hand perfectly and I would squeeze it every time I felt scared and that helped me a lot when I was younger.

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-16, 04:46
That's sounds healthy, like journaling. It can be productive to get it out of our heads as otherwise it just keeps going round & round.

My mum bought me a stress stone to rub. I still carry it. I use it with Mindfulness when I'm out.

Chocolateface
02-03-16, 05:54
Sounds good, I may get one also like the idea of stress balls etc, I find though when my anxiety kicks in I end up posting on here a lot, as talking to other people who will understand and give the reassurance I need and crave beneficial too, I can also relate more easily to others too

xilvey
02-03-16, 14:42
Oh absolutely there's such good support on this website