PDA

View Full Version : Weird throat pain

neecee32
02-03-16, 03:07
Hello- A couple of months ago I had a really bad cold/flu, once I was feeling better, a couple of symptoms still remained and continue to this day. It's hard to explain what I feel, but I have a weird pain when swallowing, although the pain does not occur with every swallow. It feels more along the lines of a pulled muscle, it is definitely not a normal sore throat you get when you are sick. It also feels connected to my ear. I have been to the doctor, who told me that my ear drum was wrinkled and I have Eustachian tube dysfunction, told me to do nasal spray and that should help. I haven't kept up with the nasal spray, I guess I just get lazy, but the symptoms persist and naturally being the worrier I am, am starting to think it could be something else. Just a few other notes, I do have TMJ and the dentist has told me I have pretty severe arthritis in my jaw for someone my age. I do not really think it's related to this, just wondering though if anyone has ever had ear issues and how long does it take for them to get better? Thanks in advance for any help :)

LouiseHannah
21-03-16, 12:55
Why don't you try using the nasal spray? Probably a combination of anxiety infection and TMJ as its connected to the ear.