PDA

View Full Version : Work today feeling anxious

Chocolateface
02-03-16, 06:09
Hi

I am back in work today following a day off yesterday, bit anxious as I made a mistake on Monday and admitted to it and tried to put it right, but have no idea what happened at work yesterday, in my head all negative outcomes are playing out in glorious technicolour, and in reality I am feeling tired, nauseous and scared.

Clare

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-16, 07:07
The best thing to do is just get stuck into your work, Clare. If you keep busy your mind won't have as many opportunities to keep questioning it all.

It will subside once you are back in your stride at work.

Chocolateface
02-03-16, 07:19
Thanks I hope you are right, I always seem to look at the negatives and always assume the worst will happen then way if it does I am more prepared.

Will update later on how it went

Bakebeansrule
02-03-16, 07:30
Hope your day goes well

ADW
02-03-16, 08:01
I know how you feel, it's always worse when you've been off! As for the mistake you did right by owning up to it. Everybody makes them, we are only human. My anxiety is like a big cloud I have to fight through at work to do my job so mistakes are a given. I know what you mean about thinking of all the possible awful outcomes of the mistake and it feels terrible but know that however it turns out you have done your best and taken exactly the right action after your mistake. There is no more you can do but go in with a fresh outlook for a new day. I know it's difficult because you beat yourself up about it over and over in your hear but you can do it. Let us know how work goes.

Chocolateface
02-03-16, 13:34
Thanks adw, it is going ok today so far I have not had anything negative so far and another friend here reassured me loads, also a director here knows about it and he was being supportive to me today too.

Thanks for the support

Clare