PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety becoming upbareable

Bakebeansrule
02-03-16, 07:17
I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so scared there's something seriously wrong with me it's ruining my life. I've had itchy sore skin the last few days, this morning it feels like pins and needles in my hands and feet. I feel so low in myself I just want to give up. I seem to go from one symptom to the next diagnosing myself with God know what. I feel like a useless mum and partner. I'm speaking to my dr tomorrow about cbt hopefully that can help.

Is it possible it's anxiety making me feel like this? I'm on 50g of sertraline and wondering if the dose needs upping. I've had a great few weeks now feel like I'm back to square one again

Skkyee
02-03-16, 18:35
Yes it's completely likely to be all anxiety, I've had all those symptoms and loads and loads more, I have diagnosed myself with so many things it's untrue. Even right at this moment my brain is doing battle with itself... One half convicted of sinister illness, one half telling the other to shut up!!

It's an on going, exhausting battle.

You aren't alone xx

Skkyee

countrygirl
02-03-16, 18:40
The common factor is that there are lots of different symptoms that we are convinced must all be connected and they come and go and change. This is the effect of anxiety hormones on your poor body. The list of symptoms from having high anxiety hormones is about 10 pages long!

Bakebeansrule
02-03-16, 18:54
Thank you for replying. I was convinced this morning that the pain i had in my side a few weeks ago and the itchy skin I've had were linked and that sent me into a huge tizz and guess what, the pain came back surely that should show me it's anxiety and tension that are messing with me?