PDA

View Full Version : Petachie?

helenhoo
02-03-16, 20:15
My whole legs have pink hair follicles, my boyfriend says this is normal but I'm worrying its petachie. Some are darker than others and darker when out the bath.

Fishmanpa
02-03-16, 20:24
It quite apparent you've been in a real spiral the last couple of weeks :(
Sorry you're worrying so much. Maybe another read of that CBT book might help? Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
02-03-16, 22:20
Petechia does not appear round the hair follicles and is very very dark red and splodgy looking. I have seen it on my mother and what you are describing sounds nothing like it.

We can all find something to panic about if we look hard enough:) Fishmanpa talks alot of sense so maybe get the book out again.

helenhoo
02-03-16, 22:26
I'll see 10+ images of something and the one that slightly resembles what I have I panic. Petachie/hair follocules and then this lupis/ringworm/eczema rash I have.

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

But yes I'll get the book open. I have had this concern before and gotten over it.

helenhoo
13-03-16, 14:06
Still concerned.

.Poppy.
13-03-16, 15:10
Petachie aren't hair follicles. They are little red dots that don't go away or lighten when you press on them.

That said, they aren't always sinister either. I had a fear of them several years ago - I thought the worst, for sure. Funny thing was that when I was afraid of them I'd actually get/notice them, but once I accepted them as fine they stopped appearing!

Based on your original post I doubt you have petachie anyway.

helenhoo
13-03-16, 15:59
What's difference between follicles and petachie?

Phuzella
13-03-16, 17:38
Follicles are where a hair grows from. Petachia are red dots randomly distributed

helenhoo
13-03-16, 18:33
I have pink spot that look like hair follicules in place they should be. Tops of thighs and then ankles darker spots?