PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Becca88
02-03-16, 22:45
Hi guys, currently having a bit of a panic attack over something stupid and ridiculous as usual but I am always over analysing everything :-( just wondering if anyone could give me some reassuring words to try and calm me down :-) Thx
Driving home a cross a mini roundabout and I was going straight ahead and the hgv to my right, thought he was indicating right so I went but he was going left so blasted at me (a lot) for going first, he was only just moving off when I pulled out so didn't have to slam the brakes on or anything . Most hgvs have dash cams and I have convinced myself that he is going to send it into the police 😂 it sounds so ridiculous cis I know they wouldn't waste there time cos nothing happened 😭😩😩😩

Tyke
03-03-16, 03:45
Mini roundabouts are always a nightmare. These things happen all the time and people often fail to indicate properly anyway. Are you really sure he wasn't wrongly indicating? Just because he blasted you doesn't mean he was in the right! Us anxiety sufferers always think it's all our fault automatically. In any case, once he has calmed down he will just forget it. If we all took these incidents to the authorities they'd never get anything else done! As you say, he didn't even have to slam on the brakes. Relax, you're fine, it was a minor incident. You'll feel better once the initial shock has worn off.

MyNameIsTerry
03-03-16, 06:06
So, was he in the wrong lane to even turn left? That's what it sounds like to me so doesn't that make any minor offence also his error i.e. were you both in the wrong lanes?

There is no chance of any reporting. Like Tyke says, there isn't the time. I can imagine the police officers face now.