PDA

View Full Version : Can Panic Attacks Cause Damage?

S14
04-03-16, 10:45
So, I was having pretty bad panic attacks almost every day for 3 months, but I seem to be getting better now (haven't had one for the past two days, mind is more at ease).

But I have some new symptoms now (not completely new). When I go for a short walk I sometimes feel like my stomach pushes in like it wants to vomit. You know, that thing where you feel like you gotta puke but you don't, almost like a choke feeling like you stuck your finger down there to vomit. And sometimes it makes me cough and feel short on breath and dizzy for a bit. I'm also burping a lot lately so that might be related.

Is this normal? Could the prolonged attacks have caused damage on my stomach or lungs?

I still feel a bit nauseous so it could be that? (Got mild cases of what I and doctors think could've been gastro twice in that period of time,

I first noticed it a few weeks ago, used to be whenever I walked up the stairs it'll happen and I'd burp frequently. So I had some anti-indigestion stuff one week ago and the next day my attacks came back in a big way so I been sitting or laying on the couch all week. So maybe I'll stay away from that stuff.

But yeah, could anybody know what this is? Has anybody experienced it before? Anybody here a medical expert?

Actually maybe I could explain it like a tensing stomach...

p282
14-05-16, 21:47
I am not a medical professional. However, I have had panic attacks that have caused pins and needles throughout my whole body, and make me feel like I can't move my body.

For a long a couple of months I had what felt like a lump in my throat. Long story short, there was no lump. I also felt like my breathing was off, even though testing showed I was getting more than enough oxygen and passed my pulmonary test with no issue.

I feel like what you are experiencing is from anxiety, and not that anxiety has damaged your body in any way. I wouldn't be concerned at all. I have experienced the same as you, and I diffidently suffer from anxiety. I have also come across other forums where people will post something similar if not exactly what you have stated.

Suziewuzie
14-05-16, 21:51
Pins & needles happen when people hyperventilate, it's not dangerous. Anxiety attacks don't cause any damage, they're just horrible.