PDA

View Full Version : Pre-employment Medical Tests

nirvanainchains
04-03-16, 14:56
So, in a lot of my posts I would tell that I have no job that would allow me to spend some visit to doctors/clinic to disclose some health anxiety or fears. But this week after some job interviews I was told that I was qualified and the company told me to do a medical tests as a part of their employment policy. At first I was happy, but also there’s a mixed of fear of “What if the medical tests find something?”. So 2 days ago I went to do the medical procedures: urine test, fecal test, blood test/drug test, and Chest X-ray. I was worried about fecal and Chest X-ray since I have a massive fear of Lung Cancer and Bowel/Colon Cancer. But the tests went okay and the doctor noted that I am fit to work but she didn’t told me anything that much. Now, my question is: The Chest X-Ray result stated just one word,and that is: “NEGATIVE” . What does that mean? My lungs were negative from any problem? Or is my lungs Negative/defective? Never understood that, and I forgot to ask the doctor what does that mean. And is the medical tests done on me are serious? I mean, does the tests can detect anything serious matters? Or just a routine or simple tests just for the employment purposes? Anyone who has undergone with this? I don’t know if that is also being practiced in other countries. Replies will be so much appreciatted. Thank You NMP buddies.

Xtrastrongbint
04-03-16, 15:34
It probably means that the tests were negative. So nothing to worry about x

Lifelonganxiety!
04-03-16, 17:20
Negative means they didn't find anything. The doctor cleared you. You're fine.

They didn't tell you anything other than you're fine to work because there was nothing to say.