PDA

View Full Version : Increased anxiety as I need to drive

vekiqf
04-03-16, 17:25
Dear all,

As I mentioned in previous post I had my 1st panic attack 2 weeks ago and since then I feel anxious and always thinking when next will happen...

On Sunday I need to go with my wife and son to one mountain resort and need to drive approx 200 miles..I am affraid and always thinking that I am not safe to do it and what if I get an attack when I am driving...and that I am putting my wife and son into danger....

Did anybody had experience like this and can you give some advice

AnnaZV
04-03-16, 19:26
I've experienced this as well...many times. And although I know how hard it is, you should not let the anxiety and fear of it happening again keep you from doing the things you normally do.

If you feel very anxious when you're driving you can always stop somewhere, walk around and take your mind off it. You can stop as many times as necessary, just don't give in and don't give up. If your wife knows you have panic attacks it is better not to hide it if you feel one coming on. Hiding it is like fighting it and only makes it worse. Keep your mind occupied with conversation and pleasant thoughts.

Drive carefully, enjoy the trip and don't let the panic win!

I hope you and your family have a good, safe trip!

vekiqf
07-03-16, 15:25
Dear Anna,

Thanks for the comment and support...I did it and now I am relaxing

I had one issue last night and I dont know how to handle it....when I was sleeping my anxiety increased and I woke up shaking...so I had to take med to calm down...now I am anxious what will happen this evening...is it possible to get panic attacks during sleep?