PDA

View Full Version : Swollen gland, ear ache, swollen eye??? Sigh

Skkyee
04-03-16, 19:54
Hi, sorry....

I have an on off ear ache, dull pain not sharp and raw.

I have a swollen eye lid on the same side???

And I have a sore swollen gland in my neck, below my earlobe and tucked under my jaw. Can only feel it swollen with my fingers if I tilt my head back, dunno how big it is, I don't like touching it :-( but when I tilt my head Toņo e side I can feel it's swollen in there (can't better describe it) and it's aching.

Started Wednesday night, got better over night last night, felt great this morning but gradually irritated thru the day.

Aside from that no symptoms. Dunno if the ear is caused by the gland? Or visa versa? But when the gland hurts the ear hurts.... Or other way around.

And what's the eye lid about? No pain there at all, not massive, no one has commented, but bus visibly swollen a bit.... Coincidence? An invisible spot or sty?

Fed up...... Hate myself for these posts. Just need some reassurance :-(

Traceypo
04-03-16, 20:00
Hi hun, I had two nodes swell on my neck on Wednesday night under my right ear, went to Dr's, sure enough I have a red inflamed ear. Got my usual ear spray so hopefully I'll be fine by this time next week.
Xx

countrygirl
04-03-16, 20:17
Would be sensible if no better over weekend to see the Dr on Monday in case you have an ear infection brewing. If the area around eye swells alot and gets red over weekend then see out of hours, I don't think this will happen but its better to be informed so you can deal with it.

Hopefully its a passing bug and will improve over the weekend, there does seem to be alot of weird viruses/bugs around at moment!

Skkyee
04-03-16, 20:25
Thanx for the advice.

I hate all this, I always imagine the worst.... I actually don't know what the worst even would be in this situation.... And don't want to know!... But I'm sure it's not good :-(

Skkyee
05-03-16, 07:27
Unhappy, very broken nights sleep, tossing and turning and sweating... And I still have a sore neck :-(

Bit scared :-( wish I had a few more symptoms to point to infection etc. I think the ear thing is aggravated by the neck thing rather than other way around.

:-(

Traceypo
05-03-16, 08:07
Hi hun, do you have a walk in near you, it might be best just to get your ear checked for peace of mind, in my experience the sooner you start treatment with ears the better.
Funny you should mention your eye, mine is sore too, just the eye on my bad ear side, swollen a little where it meets my nose.
Xxx

Skkyee
05-03-16, 19:16
Went to walk in center.... Nurse practitioner said 'it's odd' .... 'it's not conjunctivitis' ...... 'Eye is swollen' ...... 'Ears are clear' ...... Gland is reacting to something so take antibiotics.

And watch that little red patch on your forehead in case it's shingles..... It probably isn't but We treat that aggressively on the face as it can effect the brain nerves.

So glad I went.... I feel so much better :-(

But at least I have antibiotics.... Step in the right direction I guess.

Skkyee x

Traceypo
05-03-16, 22:21
Wonderful bedside manner! I always tell health professionals about my anxiety and ask them to be careful about what they say.
At least you've got your antibiotics and whatever it is they can get to work.
Xxx