PDA

View Full Version : Swallowed Glass! Help!

TheMadOladCoger
04-03-16, 21:38
Hello,

Firstly, it's been a while I have had my health anxiety under control for the most part for the last couple of months.

However, now I have got myself in to a bit of a panic over something and I need to ask for some advice.

Okay so I wanted some Yogurt earlier and couldn't find a bowl to put it in so I found a small glass that I have used for eating it out of before. I ate my yogurt with some gusto as I was in a rush and didn't really pay much attention. While I was washing out the glass I noticed a small around a CM chip in the side of it, I didn't remember seeing it when I got the glass out and couldn't find a piece of glass in the waning up bowl so of course I think I have swallowed it. It was around 4 hours ago now and I have been having a feeling in my throat and now my abdomen, I don't know if this is due to me focusing on them so much due to worry or if its something serious. Has this happened to anyone before?

Peace

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Anyone?

xBettyBoopx
04-03-16, 22:26
Hello

I would imagine that the chip was already there and you just hadn't noticed it before. I have had this happen to me and worried myself sick over it. The only thing that will reassure you is when tomorrow comes and nothing has happened. I too felt that stomach and throat thing, it is your imagination running riot. Just think if it happened to someone who didn't have HA what would they do?

HA is just the worst! I have had it many years and I know there is no one or nothing that can reassure you enough.

Play games, do anything to take your mind off of it because when tomorrow comes and you're ok then you will be ok.

Els

TheMadOladCoger
04-03-16, 22:51
Hello,

Thank you for this, I hope I wake up tomorrow without this worry the pain isn't bad which makes me think its not anything bad and just in my mind.

Thank's you are right about HA being horrible even though I don't post and have my HA under control mostly it effects me daily.

Peace

Lifelonganxiety!
04-03-16, 22:51
I agree with the above, it probably fell of sometime before and you just assumed you must have eaten it.

I would say, even if you did eat it, it'll just get passed through your system without issue.

Graton
04-03-16, 23:38
Very unlikely you swallowed the glass, but even if you did, people ingest all sorts of odd things without any problems and it just passes through. Any discomfort you are feeling is just you focusing on parts of your body you think might be affected. I can feel all sorts of odd pains if I just think about something being wrong with me.

TheMadOladCoger
05-03-16, 11:07
Hello,

So I'm still here, I am also having abdominal pains they are just like yesterday they come and go. I don't know what to do, I don't know if it's in my mind are there is a serious problem.

Peace

xBettyBoopx
05-03-16, 13:25
The other thing it could be is that it's just a stomach ache like we all get. I'm quite sure that's all it is, I do understand you're anxiety over it, I think I would be the same tbh so I'm not berating you.

I thought by now you would feel better about it. If you feel the need to go to the hospital then go. Good luck. I hope that the stomach pains go away soon and you feel better.

Els