PDA

View Full Version : Very slow pulse / heart rate

Graton
04-03-16, 23:15
I wear a fitness tracker and also use a heart rate monitor and the last few days my pulse has been really slow - around 50 to 54. I'm normally not very high, though it does go up under stress - which for me is pretty common. I have a head cold and took some cold meds, but those often raise your heart rate.

I'm actually afraid to lay down and take a rest for fear my heart rate will drop too low.

Not sure if I should call doc and see if anything is seriously wrong - unfortunately I did google low heart rate and did not like some of things I read.

Lifelonganxiety!
04-03-16, 23:24
Are you a fit person? That's not a crazy low heart rate. An average range is 60-100, but if you're fit it can be as low as 40 and be normal.

Graton
04-03-16, 23:29
Are you a fit person? That's not a crazy low heart rate. An average range is 60-100, but if you're fit it can be as low as 40 and be normal.

Not as fit as I used to be, too much work and business travel. It normally isn't that low, not sure if a cold can cause that. I did search this forum and a bunch of posts about it - one had me concerned because it talk about dizziness and I'm not sure if it is the cold meds, or the cold I've had all week, but I do feel like I have medicine head, not dizzy, just a bit fuzzy.

My pulse goes up to 80-90 when I get out and walk, but just sitting or lying down it seems pretty low.

stars22
26-05-16, 04:22
I'm currently laid in bed scared to sleep my hr is going from 40s -50s while resting while up and about its normal and while sat ect but laying diwn my body's trying to die I'm exhausted have just had a baby and now I can't sleep through fear