PDA

View Full Version : every head bump makes me think I damaged my brain

05-03-16, 04:45
nowadays I can't ever bump my head without thinking I damaged my brain or spinal cord, no matter how light the bump is . I got terrified that my brain was bleeding after being hit on the head with a basketball about a month ago, and now every tiny bump makes me think I did some serious damage, even if it didn't hurt. I feel like I need to wear a helmet everywhere I go! I'm so terrified of brain damage and becoming quadriplegic or paraplegic, what do I do ?

Fishmanpa
05-03-16, 04:55
what do I do ?

I would suggest printing out a few of your threads and speaking to your parents or doctor about it. Getting help with your anxiety is crucial at your young age.

Positive thoughts

Alice1
05-03-16, 16:24
I have the same fear quite often. Bumping my head so much the past year and being fine has made me realise just how tough we are.
If you've passed or vomited after a head bump get yourself to A and E
Otherwise I promise you'll be fine!

I got hit on the back of the neck on Thursday by a boat and am in a 3 day panic that I've fractured my neck and am one wrong movement Awa from death or paralysis so I get it, sensing positive thoughts and hugs your way x

rsanchez
05-03-16, 22:27
I have this fear sometimes, but remember that we have nice, thick skulls to protect our brains from minor bumps. A basketball to the head will likely not cause permanent damage.