PDA

View Full Version : Off to the doctor...and getting worried

pepperutchie
05-03-16, 08:26
Im going to the doctor in about an hour and really am so panicky, i need to calm my self but my mind just cant stop feeding me the worst... Worried bout this longstanding abdominal pain and discomfort..please somebody calm me down:weep:

ItsNick
05-03-16, 14:58
You're going to be fine. Just take some deep breaths. Let us know how it goes!!

pepperutchie
05-03-16, 22:56
Hi nick thank you my doc gave me antibiotic for one week and should be back with urinalysis done and some blood work.i was really tensing yesterday and causes my bloodpressure to go up.another worry for me

ItsNick
05-03-16, 23:52
When I begin getting nervous and anxious my BP goes up. Normally I'm between 120-130 over 78-85... I've been as high as 160 over 95 when in full panic mode... And I can definitely feel it as it happens.

pepperutchie
06-03-16, 02:35
Are you worried when you feel that your bp is high during panic attack? Mine stems from having my bp high and eventually having stroke.

ItsNick
06-03-16, 02:40
Definitely. It is natural for your BP to go up in the midst of high anxiety or a panic attack. You need to breath and realize that you'll be okay.

Traceypo
06-03-16, 09:14
Hi, when I was having a minor op, in the middle of my last ha episode I had my BP taken every 4 hours along with other things. I was amazed by how my anxiety impacted on this, when I was calm I was fine, when I was anxious I was above normal limits, however it would quickly drop as I calmed down. No nurse or doctor was concerned by my readings, if you're feeling anxious close your eyes and focus on your breathing until you feel calmer.
Xxx

countrygirl
06-03-16, 11:11
Anxiety can increase my upper blood pressure reading by 30 which is quite an achievement but only happens in a medical setting which as you can imagine causes huge problems!

My Dr says that he is only interested in persistant high blood pressure for many weeks so as long as I can supply proof in home readings then he is happy.

pepperutchie
06-03-16, 13:02
Mine was 130/100 and he didnt think twice but wrote a prescription for it... But i have to admit that i am going through a lot of stress this days,plus having health issues such as this really adds to my worries and stress. I would just like to thank you sonderful people for understanding and supporting me.