PDA

View Full Version : Slightly stiff jaw on the right side?

helenhoo
05-03-16, 19:57
I can open it fine just feels stiffer in the right side. No pain. I came across a bloody scary article about GCA (giant cell Azeris) and read and believed that almost ALL patients are over 50 - I'm 25.

I'm looking for logical explanations - been two days now. It's fine when rested!

ItsNick
05-03-16, 20:21
Stop looking things up!! Get yourself better and like many have said, maybe it's time to find a little help! It's something different multiple times per day... I feel this way at times too but I don't think posting everything that I'm feeling is necessary as a lot of it is probably just my mind playing with me.

I'm rooting for you as are many others!

Fishmanpa
05-03-16, 20:25
What common thing do many anxiety sufferers do with their jaw and what very common anxiety related issue is it? (hint... 3 letters). And based on that... What would be the "logical" reason for this?

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
05-03-16, 20:52
Hi Fishman. I really don't know the answer haha.

countrygirl
05-03-16, 21:38
Temporal arteritis, amazing how many people misname arthritis and can't work out how you get arthritis in your artery:):)

Again I have a friend who has this ( if anyone thought about it they would not be my friend as they always seem to get interesting medical conditions!)

Its almost always seen in middle aged women but can also affect men.
my friend was 58 yrs old and she had extreme symptoms which did not include a very slightly stiff jaw.

This is not something you need to be concerned about. Clenching your teeth through anxiety is something to watch as it can give you all sorts of weird jaw problems and head pains so keep your jaw relaxed ( easier said than done!)

Fishmanpa
05-03-16, 21:42
Clenching your teeth through anxiety is something to watch as it can give you all sorts of weird jaw problems and head pains so keep your jaw relaxed ( easier said than done!)

BAM!

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
05-03-16, 21:55
I guess I must be without realising I'm doing it.

Also, I'm concerned about this lymph node in SIDE on jaw?

Fishmanpa
05-03-16, 22:24
I guess I must be without realising I'm doing it.

Also, I'm concerned about this lymph node in SIDE on jaw?

Reb... Stop!... use the force Reb... use the force...

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
05-03-16, 22:47
Ha I like you Fishman

helenhoo
08-03-16, 22:16
I've been 'testing' my jaw by opening wide quite a few times a day and now both sides are stiff. I hate to ask the silly question but this is because of the playing about with it right?