PDA

View Full Version : diets and cutting down.

fruity
06-03-16, 10:33
Just wanted to know those who are dieting and,Or cutting down. What do you do to stop the cravings.

lfc65
06-03-16, 17:16
I've just had a load of blood tests done and the only thing that came up was a raised blood sugar level, I am "pre diabetic" and need to lose two stone to get to a healthy BMI of 25. I have cut out all sweets, cakes, biscuits, crisps and at the moment doing ok.if I get a sweet craving I have some fruit and yoghurt or if a savoury craving, a crumpet with low fat cheese spread. It's early days so still quite motivated at the moment. When the clocks change I'm going to try and have a walk every evening as that will help weight loss and improve mood too x

MrsCav
06-03-16, 17:36
I'm doing Dr Michael Mosleys 5:2 diet. This is my second time doing it. I've been doing it for just over a month and lost a stone. It really does work. For those that don't know it's where you fast for 2 days and eat normally or what ever you want for 5 days. The fast days you are allowed a small amount of calories 500 for women and 600 for men. I'm not going to lie, fast days aren't the easiest but you get threw them knowing that the next day you can eat. I have better sleeps when I fast and you don't wake up starving and eat the house empty. If you get to watch the documentary it's very interesting, it's called 'eat fast live longer' and the weight loss is a side effect of lowering the growth hormone when you fast. It's nothing to do with it being a calorie controlled diet. I fast Mondays and Wednesdays.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

but in answer to your question, if I get a craving I can ignore it for a day knowing I can eat it the next if I still fancy it.