PDA

View Full Version : numb

biker71
06-03-16, 12:56
Hi folks, I've been on 20mg of cut for about 2 weeks, I've had lots of side affects, but last Cpl of days I've felt rubbish....numb...lifeless.....is this normal? Got docs on Monday for 1st check up....almost feel as bad as before I started talking them....any advise or help plz

Suziewuzie
06-03-16, 13:35
Hi biker.
I'm day 30 of 10mg & feel numb too. All of my good emotions are muted and I don't feel excited about anything. I noticed it after about ten days and it has gotten slightly worse.
I'm on them for anxiety & have never been depressed before so don't have much to compare it to but I would say I am depressed. It is listed as a side effect and it is common for SSRIs to make you feel worse before they make you feel better, and you are very early days so it may be that things start to pick up for you in the next week :)

biker71
06-03-16, 15:03
Thanx for the reply, yea you explained exactly what I feel like better than me....:scared15:

Suziewuzie
06-03-16, 15:13
Talk it through with your GP tomorrow & let us know what he/she says, it's always good to hear how others are getting on x

Jem21
06-03-16, 15:50
I felt like that when I was on 10mg and when I increased to 20 it went away.

biker71
06-03-16, 17:22
Let you no what they say, don't it will be the same doc as before as he was a locum.....

biker71
08-03-16, 06:43
Well went to the docs yesterday after feeling rubbish all weekend, as I thought different person again....but she's decided to give me another month on the meds at the same dose.....but I've woken up 2 mornings now without the shakes and had a decent nights sleep so no yawning all day.....see how the week goes.

Suziewuzie
08-03-16, 11:02
That's good, it sounds like you're turning a bit of a corner then. One of the ways I knew I was improving was when I started to wake up without the shakes & palpitations, so fingers crossed this is the start of many more good days for you.

biker71
08-03-16, 20:20
Strange....i wrote that then this afternoon it all came flooding back....gone from 1 extreme to another....totally numb......down....fingers crossed for tomorrow

Jaysmd
08-03-16, 20:47
Biker. Early days for you, it will be a roller coaster. There is an end eventually don't give up

SA40S
11-03-16, 17:43
I've been on citalopram since 2009 (20mg) and can remember disliking the feeling that my senses were being dulled. I've been on this medication so long now, i can't remember how i used to feel! Citalopram has helped me quite a bit, can remember though that when i first started, week 1 felt great, then weeks 2/3 felt really horrendous, very anxious and low. After that though, the side effects wore off . Hopefully your side effects will wear off soon.

biker71
11-03-16, 21:23
Thanks for the reply's and support, I've never been so low, even had the dreaded thoughts....but good friends help there...keep telling myself that its just side effects but each days harder....ive had anxiety and mistrust recently too....like everything and everyone is against me, but I'm home now and locked away....see what next week brings

biker71
15-03-16, 16:12
Well this week is no 3 I think.....having really low times, but hopefully it's side effects, maybe the docs suggestion of doubling the dose would help but means time of work which I can't afford atm....

Suziewuzie
15-03-16, 19:45
Could you try upping the dose by just 5mg & see how you go biker? 3 weeks is still so early, it doesn't feel like it to us because we just want to feel better ASAP but I know realistically it's probably too soon to say. I stopped taking mine after a month & felt horrendous so went straight back on it.

LiveAboveIt
17-03-16, 00:53
Could you try upping the dose by just 5mg & see how you go biker? 3 weeks is still so early, it doesn't feel like it to us because we just want to feel better ASAP but I know realistically it's probably too soon to say. I stopped taking mine after a month & felt horrendous so went straight back on it.

I've been on Citalopram since Feb 12th, but was on 10mg for the first 4-5 days or so, so I dont know if that counts towards my 20mg spree. I'm trying so hard not to quit taking them.. Everything seems to be going downhill, just constant terror and fear that doesnt make any damn sense.

My partner keeps telling me not to quit them and reminds me that I was way worse before the pills. This may be true, but I definitely dont feel like I'm coping well. I just want this nightmare to end. I'm so afraid to try and increase the dose, out of fear that everything will get even worse. >_< This has been one hell of a ride and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.