PDA

View Full Version : Finally had the courage to have a rapid HIV test

Mark801
06-03-16, 15:40
Hey guys,

So I finally had the courage to have a rapid test done and thank god it came back negative. This all started a year and a half ago when I had unprotected intercourse and I've been worrying myself sick for that long.

Ever since, I've always been using condoms up until a few weeks ago when I had another interaction and didn't use a condom for oral, only intercourse.

I did a full test today but that takes a week but I opted for a rapid test in the meantime and thank god it came back negative. My only question is how accurate are the rapid tests? The doc said 90% but my anxiety is still there until I get the other results back next week.

Would really appreciate someones feedback who's been through this scare/worry. Thanks for your time.

nirvanainchains
07-03-16, 05:47
The Rapid test is just as accurate as a Standard HIV test. If you test negative, then you do not require any further tests. If you are positive, then you will need a further blood test using a specimen that needs to be sent to a laboratory. Furthermore, your last exposure was 1+ year ago. So don’t worry.