PDA

View Full Version : I can't take this any more

Loubylou36
06-03-16, 20:47
Although I've never been diagnosed I know I have suffered from GAD for most of my life but in the last 4 months this has developed into health anxiety and I just can't take anymore. Unfortunately I have had legitimate symptoms, breast pain which I was referred for an ultrasound and some unpleasant gynae symptoms which meant I was referred for a colposcopy. Luckily both tests came back fine but in the last 4 months I feel like my life has been on hold, my Partner has been great but he was worried I did not have a 'normal reaction'. I can't sleep, eat or focus on anything, I spend my whole time on google reading website after website on cancer. I've had to take days off work, I cry constantly and have such a feeling of panic it feels out of control. Even after getting the all clear I am still concerned something is wrong. I'm still experiencing abdominal pain and I'm now convinced it's ovarian cancer, I've actually booked a private ultrasound on Tuesday which is making my anxiety worse.

I've never experienced anything like this, I even have stupid bets with myself, if I see 1 magpie there is something definitely wrong, if the traffic lights turn against me then it will be bad news. I can't believe this is actually me writing this and that it's got this bad. My GP is hopeless there is no way I could go and speak to them about this. I do have physical symptoms but I'm not sure if it's the anxiety causing them or if they are legitimate and the anxiety is making them worse. I've tried relaxation, exercise, anything to get my mind of it and nothing is helping. Can anyone relate to this?

LilGsMama
06-03-16, 22:02
Can anyone relate to this?

Bless you, Loubylou.. you're in the right place!

You do have to step away from Google! It's the enemy for HA sufferers. You will always find the worse-case scenario and focus on that. I've been where you are and it almost sent me off my head.. since I started coming on here I don't Google symptoms anymore.. I just log on to here when I get the urge to Google something. There is lots of experience with HA and fab advice on here.. and just chatting to someone who understands can help so much.

You should also speak to your GP about your anxiety, he/she may be able to suggest either meds or counselling, to try and help. If your GP is rubbish, could you maybe move to another surgery? Getting the right help is really important :)

:hugs::hugs:

shirlp
07-03-16, 01:38
Stay away from Google hun. And visit ur dr. Change dr if u don't like the one u have.. Xx

Scared2bme
08-03-16, 21:00
Honestly I feel your pain. I'm to the point also of worrying I won't be able
To handle this much longer. My heart is broken because I
can't fix myself or this. Even though I want
To. Please know you aren't alone. Superstition and HA go hand in hand also many times.

panicwomble
11-03-16, 11:30
Get your partner or someone else you trust to block any health related websites, so you won't be able to Google symptoms even if you really want to. Trust me, I got my partner to do this and it really worked well for me. I know it feels frustrating initially when you feel the compulsion to google, but not being able to read those websites really helped me.

I know all about the superstitious habits we develop along with our HA.... I've gone through it all too.