PDA

View Full Version : All smells and tastes like rotting flesh

Pinkbrenda2012
06-03-16, 21:07
Hello

I have been posting on here for a while on and off over the year's, anyway what brings me back is that I feel like drap and can't differentiate the difference between symptoms and panic.

It all started with a strange like rotting smell in my nose that when I sniffed up burned, at the time time I was having issues with my top tooth on the right side so off I went to the dentist who gave me amoxicillin, it didn't work so that gave me another dosenon my second trip, on my third trip they tried to remove the tooth and the local anaesthetic wouldn't numb it so another bout of antibiotics this time metronidazole then back a week later and tooth was removed successfully and all healing fine.

However this did not get rid of the smell and burn of the nostril and then comes tonsilitus with white mass on tonsils, so off I go to the doctors I explain my symptoms and get given yet another dose of antibiotics this time penecillin and a nasal cream.

Finished the antibiotics after going through night sweats sleep talking and body and legs feeling crippled.

This was yesterday today I have suffered with chronic rotting smell, rotten taste in mouth when trying to eat and mucous vomit from the smell and taste.

I have been shaking, dizzy, sickly (not actually stomach sick) and very emotional.

Just can't seem to see an end and as I have a history of moaning and suspecting the worse I feel no one cares and I feel I'm slipping back into health anxiety and panic territory which don't want. Anyone else ever had these smells and if so what helped?

countrygirl
06-03-16, 22:46
You could still have an infection somewhere in your sinuses or mouth/throat/teeth that could account for this smell/taste. Have you discussed with your Gp being referred to consultant maybe ear/nose and throat one to rule out any infection that is maybe not responding to antibiotics.

Do you have the smell 24/7 or does it come and go.

I very much doubt this applies to you but up to a few months ago I had awful smell in my nose, musty like dirty clothes and could not work it out then I ran out of my usual body lotion and the smell went! The lotion didn't smell anything like the smell up my nose but my body must have been changing the smell because it has never returned since I stopped using this particular body lotion.