PDA

View Full Version : Constant Worry That It's Not Acid Reflux

Black
07-03-16, 01:07
For the past 8-12 months I've been dealing with quite a bit. I'm overweight and have meds for my BP, but that is about it. I know I need to work on that. However I've been to the hospital twice in the past 2-3 years (1 of them a month ago) and everytime they check my chest symptoms, they tell me it's anxiety and acid reflux. Both EKGs and blood tests keep came back fine, and they saw no need to further test. But if that is so, then why am I constantly in pain? It's usually in my chest area (though I'm told where I'm pointing at is not my heart) and it's more below that area, to the left of that area (like on the side itself beside the breast) and towards the neck. I've been assured by my primary, an EMT, and the MD that I'm ok and it's all stomach related. I can't find it in myself to really let that be the case though, as I feel a knot (once again not far from my heart, but more towards the 'side') in my stomach. I constantly worry it's the worst case scenario. I also have constant shoulder/arm numbness or pain (usually left sometimes right too and goes to fingers on occasion), a rash on my face, a stopped up ear, and pretty much every symptom that could be heart, as well as alot of gas, leg pains, something that feels like pain between my front and back but within more than an outside pain, but I'm constantly assured isn't. Even a slight kind of sensitivity to light and dizziness when walking or freaking out standing up. Even with BP and my doctor's wish that I work on that, they say that since I'm 24 /and/ it is under control (with medication. As it's often been showing up in good ranges under meds) that I'm worrying about what it for sure isn't. Can this acid reflux and stomach symptoms they told me it is truly mimic the other things that I worry about? How do I deal with it without freaking out it's worst case all the time? Please, I am tired of the constant feelings. I am aware that I likely can't find true medical advice but with the hospital so sure that I'm fine, I'm not sure what to think. Not to mention that when it's not the heart it's 500 other things.

Black
07-03-16, 18:49
I went to the hospital and was told that I have built up air in my colon. I was recommended to take Prilosec or something from another MD and someone at the desk. They assure me it isn't the other thing I was worried about. Should I believe them and feel safe?