PDA

View Full Version : Countless anxiety attacks tonight

JaCkiie
07-03-16, 03:03
Literally been having an anxiety attack and just as I start to cool myself down and be more practical I get hit with another one. I cant sleep and i literally am getting so worked up im being sick. I have been attack free for months and just these past couple of days they are coming strong and often. Iv been getting cramps in both my hands and weakness. I'm convinced I have als. I get pains in my knees and my calfs my elbows. I literally can't talk logic into myself. 24 years old and literally terrified. Everyone in my house is asleep and im pacing around like a loon. Trying to find things to distract my attention. Just need someone to talk to maybe divert my thinking is anyone awake? Please xx

ItsNick
07-03-16, 03:18
Awake here and think the odds of you having ALS at 24 are as likely as me finding $100 bill in the street in front of my house .

---------- Post added at 03:18 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

That being said, I've had attacks and I've led myself to believe I have ALS, MS, a Brain Tumor, Multiple Cancers and Heart Failure... I'm 28, it'd be rare for me to have any of it. I'm still working on realizing that when the panic hits but I really think you're working yourself up and I'd bet my bank account that you don't have ALS!!

JaCkiie
07-03-16, 03:19
I try and tell myself this and deep down I know the chances are little to none but for some reason my brain just won't allow me to think reasonable thought. I start to calm down and I then notice just how weak feeling my hands are or I get a twitch or tingle in my arm. I think because a school friends brother at 35 just passed from als my brain has yet again convinced me things like this happen and my symptoms just mimic my worst fears ��

ItsNick
07-03-16, 03:25
Things like that do happen but it's so rare!! Is there anything that relaxes you? A bath, hot shower, reading? I find a hot shower helps me a lot. You don't have ALS!!

Boy, is it so much easier to tell someone else that than to actually believe yourself when you're telling yourself that.

JaCkiie
07-03-16, 03:40
Tying so hard to reason with myself. Suppose it could be worse I could have turned to Google and try convince myself my worrying isn't in vain and find story's of people who have been diagnosed with als and their first annicial symtoms. A year or so ago this is most definitely something I would have done. I suppose I'm making progress. Kind off. Now just to turn the panic of so I can sleep. Just getting worse. Bahhh