PDA

View Full Version : Is Valium the answer?

jnotea49!
07-03-16, 11:48
My first post so here goes, I'm totally lost feel anxious about the medication I've been prescribed to help with my anxiety, I've also got beta-blockers if I needed them? My husband is just getting annoyed and frustrated with me not wanting to go out ( increasing my stress! ) mother in law suggested maybe a Valium to get me through a night out ...( All seems bit dramatic for a night at pub ! ). I'm convinced I have a stomach ulcer ( probably not rational head) ... I'm just in turmoil today, I even consider just getting divorced just so I don't have to make excuses for not sociallising and I've got inventive at getting out of normal stuff even changed my job so I can work from home. Not really sure what help I'm asking for I just needed to put it out there as feeling desperate and frustrated with myself. :blush:

shiznit76
07-03-16, 12:25
Have you tried taking the beta blockers? Didn't help me much, not much has, but other people have found them very beneficial

RyanTheWorrier
07-03-16, 13:17
Valium/Diazipam at a low dose can help with short term panic but personally I'd advise you take them as and when you need them.
I do understand how you feel with not being able to get out, it's hard for others to understand I know as they think you're being stubborn and should "just snap out of it"
Maybe print some detailed information on agrophobia and generalised anxiety and get your husband to read it to understand. Opening up is the first step x

Fishmanpa
07-03-16, 18:01
The doc prescribed both the benzo and the beta blocker?

As Shiz said, beta blockers can be effective as they limit how your heart will react to stress such as activity or in this case anxiety/panic.

Benzos can be a good short term stress reliever but can also be addictive.

However neither should be used in conjunction with a night out in the pub.

Positive thoughts