PDA

View Full Version : Lung Nodules

senalarose
07-03-16, 15:49
Anyone ever had a ct and lung nodules showed up? I read and saw I had 2 but stopped reading due to a triggering affect. It was a ct done last march. Just wondering, the dr said it was not of concern, should I ask for a followup ct or will this just stay the way it is.
Had a normal chest xray a year after that discovery to avoid further hgh doses, also the xray was just to make sure i had pneumonia

***28 yrs old male in canada

Lifelonganxiety!
07-03-16, 16:40
The doctor said it wasn't a concern, so I would trust that. From what I've read - lung nodules can be quite common and are mostly benign. If it bothers you so much, you might want to ask your doctor what was seen and why they weren't a concern. Just asking the question will probably put your mind at ease.

countrygirl
07-03-16, 17:01
This is exactly what happened to my neighbour, because he lost his voice and his age he was sent for a ct scan to rule out a tumour in his chest which it did but it did show up nodules in his lungs which he was told were harmless, they can tell from the scan. By chance for another reason 5 years later he had another ct scan and the nodules were still there exactly same and still harmless.

My friend had a chest x ray that showed something suspicious then ct and they knew straight away that her nodule was cancerous from the ct scan.

So if they told you your nodules were harmless then they are harmless because they can tell straight away if they are not!

senalarose
07-03-16, 19:44
kool, thanks guys :)