PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.

Newlife57
07-03-16, 19:39
Hi...just want to introduce myself. I was an agoraphobic anxiety sufferer for eighteen years and have been recovered for seven years. When I was ill I never believed I would ever be normal again but I am now and I love it...:)

venusbluejeans
07-03-16, 19:44
Hiya Newlife57 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Superworrier
07-03-16, 19:47
Hey welcome Nwlife57 that made me smile Hun .
Great to hear :hugs:

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Sorry should say welcome Newlife57 :hugs:

pollynewsome
07-03-16, 21:16
Oh wow that is positive.. if you dont mind me asking how did you manage to recover? meds?? therapy?? x

Newlife57
07-03-16, 21:21
Neither...by altering my mind set. Hubby left me after putting up with my agoraphobia for years so I had to try to recover as there was no one else to help me all the time. I had CBT and they taught me positive thoughts and it took me a year to recover...

pollynewsome
07-03-16, 21:24
Thats brill well done you! im struggling with the physical symptoms that anxiety causes/. im anxious about anxiety..struggle to get a satisfying breath and tension headaches.. im taking sertrlaine now for 4 months but feel rotten.. docs on Thurs.. keep up the good work. x

Anna77
08-03-16, 17:05
Hi Newlife57, welcome to the site. That's so great that you managed to beat your agoraphobia, really inspiring to read :) Well done :)

Newlife57
09-03-16, 13:21
Don't any one of you on here ever think you can't recover. I had it over 18 years, panic agoraphobia, every symptom under the sun. I trawled the internet for answers but in the end I accepted what I had and tried to work with it after my hubby left me. I knew if I didn't I would just sit there and die. If someone had said To me seven years ago I will give you a million pounds to get on a bus/train or plane ( before I was ill I had flown many times, only three or four hours) I couldn't have done it....last year I got on a nine hour flight to the US to see my son...it never felt so good......and I still can't believe it some days now...

Heaven_Scent
09-03-16, 16:18
Thanks for sharing your recovery journey. Really positive and inspiring xx