PDA

View Full Version : Ear Clicking/Tinnitus

LilGsMama
07-03-16, 21:59
I've had ear issues for a few months now.. my tinnitus doesn't usually bother me unless I'm anxious and having a stress time, then it plays up and changes pitch/ear as it pleases. I do have a hearing aid to help with this.

What is worrying me though, is that I am constantly "clicking" my ears.. does anyone else do this? I don't do it for ages and then I become obsessed with it!

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

RunningFlamingo24
12-03-16, 21:42
Hello,

There isn't really anything wrong with 'clicking' your ears, I think it opens one of the tubes that connects your mouth to your ears. Or at least something like that!

You just need something to take you mind off it and maybe get rid of anything that reminds you of it! It's completely normal to become 'addicted' to doing something like cracking your knuckles or something like that.

Hope I helped,

- RunningFlamingo24

feelthelove
12-03-16, 23:57
I have tinnitus but a few years back i had this clicking and went to the GP , he looked in my ears and he said i had cattah and gave me antihistamine and that stopped the clicking , still got the tinnitus though .

LilGsMama
16-03-16, 15:02
Hello,

There isn't really anything wrong with 'clicking' your ears, I think it opens one of the tubes that connects your mouth to your ears. Or at least something like that!

You just need something to take you mind off it and maybe get rid of anything that reminds you of it! It's completely normal to become 'addicted' to doing something like cracking your knuckles or something like that.

Hope I helped,

- RunningFlamingo24

Hi :) Thanks for your reply! I've realised the less I'm stressing, the less I do it! I also crack my knuckles.. despite what people say it causes! Thanks again x

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

I have tinnitus but a few years back i had this clicking and went to the GP , he looked in my ears and he said i had cattah and gave me antihistamine and that stopped the clicking , still got the tinnitus though .

I've had probs since Dec.. went back to ENT yest and they can't find anything wrong, which is great! I do still have the tinnitus, it's more like a hissing most of the time, but as with the clicking, if I'm not stressing, then I barely notice it! xxxx