PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with what if feelings

Bakebeansrule
08-03-16, 10:41
Last week I had an awful week I was really down and could honestly have given up. This week I'm feeling ok (got s bit of a cold - always something hey?) but im scared the feelings I had last week are going to come back. Today I've self reffered for cbt but I don't want to waste their time. I can't pin point one thing that makes me feel anxious. Mine and my families health worry me a lot, I love my job but I felt very anxious there last week for no reason and I have had a hard time relaxing at home but again there's no reason for that.

Anyone who's had cbt did it help or should I just accept this is me now

almamatters
09-03-16, 12:14
I'm waiting for a second lot of CBT for the same feelings you are describing and I'm wondering and hoping it will help. I get an underlying feeling of dread about all kind of things, it's hard to pinpoint the cause. I wouldn't think you will be wasting the time of a therapist, if you are feeling like this then it's great you are trying to get help and have self referred for therapy.

Suziewuzie
09-03-16, 14:02
This is exactly how I feel! I've got a CBT book and it tells me to do maps/diaries of times I've felt anxious but I can't say that it makes any difference because it's just when I'm sat at home, or doing something mundane. I'm waiting CBT & counselling but I feel like they're going to ask me about any events that might have triggered this or anything that's brought it on & I honestly won't be able to answer them.

Bakebeansrule
09-03-16, 19:33
Thank you both for replying, I've not heard anything back yet but I did read it usually takes 10 days to process the referrals. I know what I'm like if I'm feeling good when they contact me I'll say I'm fine and don't need any help. But if I do go I've got no reason to be feeling like this so surely until I know why I'll be wasting their time