PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done BETTER on 20mg instead of 40mg?

ClipClop
08-03-16, 12:23
Hi everyone,

I just wondered what people’s experiences were with 20mg Prozac vs. 40mg Prozac?

I saw a new consultant just over two weeks ago and he advised that I doubled my dose from 20mg to 40mg to see if it helped with the anxiety (fyi – I’ve been on 20mg for about two years). Funnily enough, I’d been feeling a bit better with my anxiety (less panic attacks etc) and certainly wasn’t depressed when I saw him, but to paint the picture; I was also diagnosed with adhd and he wanted to try the doubled Prozac dose first before trying ritalin “in case the Ritalin made me worse”.

Anyway, I’ve been on 40mg now for two weeks and I feel horrendous! Generalised anxiety far more spiked – almost like a ‘buzzing’ in my head that keeps me awake at night. Terrible insomnia, jittery, exhausted and shivery in the day, indigestion… (worse than when I first started!). I left a msg with my consultant yesterday asking what I should do, but I’m yet to hear back from him.

In the meantime, I just wondered what other people’s experiences were of the two doses? Is it possible that 40mg is just too much for me, or should I just be toughing it out until it passes?... if it ever does??

Has anyone done better on 20mg rather than 40mg?

Any advice much appreciated… :weep:

Thank you x

Xtrastrongbint
08-03-16, 16:02
Hi - you are still in the side effects window of increasing the dose - you should wait till the 6 week mark xx

MrsCav
08-03-16, 17:51
Sorry, I have only ever taken 20mg. Hope you find the answer.

ClipClop
09-03-16, 12:00
Hi,

Thanks so much for replying.

Just to let you know that my consultant just called. He is going to try me on 30mg to see if that is better. It's frustrating as I feel like 20mg was a good dose for me, but I guess we just have to put out trust in the experts!

Thanks, x