PDA

View Full Version : Self-doubt and fear of thinking about the anxiety?

LiveAboveIt
08-03-16, 17:43
I have this constant feeling of apprehension and self doubt about being able to not be afraid of the anxiety and its symptoms, namely thinking.

This morning I awoke in a pretty high anxiety state (why are mornings so awful?) and I was stuck in thought about how I woke up with anxiety and the worry about what the day will be like. I caught myself trying to avoid or resist thinking about the anxiety and the way I feel, which only made it worse.. So I tried to accept it and not be afraid.. This is when my self-doubt kicks in, which Ive never had in the past.. I worry about the mental state Im in and lack of confidence in myself when it comes to the anxiety because of how long Ive been struggling in such a high anxiety, it feels like I never know whether Im coming or going anymore. So the thought hits me, What if I cant stop being afraid of my thoughts and what if I cant stop worrying about it?

I feel like I should just be able to choose to not be afraid of my thoughts, especially with knowing that fear is the only thing that fuels anxiety.. So why is it such a struggle? :/

LilGsMama
09-03-16, 15:58
I have this constant feeling of apprehension and self doubt about being able to not be afraid of the anxiety and its symptoms, namely thinking.

This morning I awoke in a pretty high anxiety state (why are mornings so awful?) and I was stuck in thought about how I woke up with anxiety and the worry about what the day will be like. I caught myself trying to avoid or resist thinking about the anxiety and the way I feel, which only made it worse.. So I tried to accept it and not be afraid.. This is when my self-doubt kicks in, which Ive never had in the past.. I worry about the mental state Im in and lack of confidence in myself when it comes to the anxiety because of how long Ive been struggling in such a high anxiety, it feels like I never know whether Im coming or going anymore. So the thought hits me, What if I cant stop being afraid of my thoughts and what if I cant stop worrying about it?

I feel like I should just be able to choose to not be afraid of my thoughts, especially with knowing that fear is the only thing that fuels anxiety.. So why is it such a struggle? :/

Have you tried therapy/counselling? :hugs:

LiveAboveIt
09-03-16, 19:41
Actually recently just found a Psychologist that does CBT, seeing her for the first time on the 14th.