PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms With Heart

Black
09-03-16, 06:57
I am worried quite constantly about my heart. I have these feelings on my left side 'near' it but not on where it is, but I also have a pain in my left shoulder, my back, and sometimes my left elbow in the crevice of the joint that stabs and pulses almost. I've been to the hospital twice in two months, all they ever say is my EKG and blood tests are normal and that it's acid reflux and stuff like that. I also sometimes have difficulties with breathing. I can't find it in myself and be able to trust the doctors, sometimes jaw pain too, I mean. I'm always worried about worst case scenarios. Some of the pains come and go or have been for months. I just don't know. I am overweight and have BP meds, which is another main reason I worry, but they assure me it is under control. Also, I am 24. I just want to know that I am ok but can't stop hyperventilating, catching my breath, freaking out. I just don't know!

Black
09-03-16, 11:22
That arm also sometimes feels numb. I don't know. I am tired of freaking about it.

TheMusicGuy6
09-03-16, 11:23
Hey Black!

Sounds all so familiar, and it's like an aggressive circle, anxiety, heart worries, anxiety, heart worries; you get the idea!

When you present yourself at hospital, they'll do the EKG/ECG tests, and also blood tests, one in particular is a troponin test, which measures protein levels produced by the heart, it measures if the heart is under any stress.

If the picked up an amount that would endanger your life, the doctors under no circumstances would let you leave!
This test can also pick up an imminent heart attack.

The best way I fight against these worries, is remember that I've been through the pains, palpatations, etc, and nothing's ever happened, try this!

Black
09-03-16, 12:10
Thanks. Most of my issues didn't start until I was put on amlodipine, in any case. The hospital seems to not be able to tell much besides abdominal and saying it is my colon and acid reflux. I mean I know I should trust them, it is just that the symptoms always seem to match something that can be crazy. Is it really true that conditions like that or related to stomach can cause alot of this? They do believe I have anxiety and tell me that's the main thing I need to work on really above all else.

TheMusicGuy6
09-03-16, 18:45
I mean if the hospital have ruled it out, and they're aware you're on the medication, they would pick that up.

The vagus nerve is closely related to the heart, sometimes heart burn, acid reflux, wind, etc can cause odd sensations around the heart!

From my research, it seems like the key symptoms of 'when to be worried' are dizziness accompanied with chest pain/palpatations and blacking out, blackout's seem to be the biggest one!

I would say you have little to worry about to be honest. How are things when you're waking up stairs, walking around, etc?

Black
10-03-16, 01:50
I have like a head tension, back tension, neck tension, and also sometimes a dizziness. Apparently it could be because my left ear is stopped up? Besides that the MD said it's likely my posture, all the muscle stuff, like the pain and tension. He did not seem to attribute it to anything crazy. My colon had some air in it he said from the scan. When I'm not freaking out and barely able to stand, I actually get around well. I feel like I might sometimes be off-balance, but rarely is there ever an actually issue besides the feeling that I am. And this is usually on-going, some of these, for months. Again, this makes me kinda worry about other things which they assure me they see little need to test for. They seem pretty confident about what the issues are.

Black
10-03-16, 06:35
Also I looked up some things related to the tests that they gave me. It seems few are related to actual heart things. This worries me. Even with a normal EKG. I mean I have the basic levels of... Monocytes, absolute thingies like the lymphocytes, etc. I can't name it all. But I didn't get some of the things I read would be specifically used for things related to it!