PDA

View Full Version : New member.. HA stealing my life after finding lump in jaw!

S1894
09-03-16, 09:13
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I am so glad I found this site as I was really beginning to struggle on my own. First of all I apologise for the length of the post.. I just needed to get it all out!

I have suffered from general anxiety for as long as I can remember but in the last few years it has developed into health anxiety. In the last 3 or 4 months it has become terrible and is ruining my day to day life.

This time I have real symptoms unfortunately and so I am struggling to get my anxiety under any sort of control. I found a hard lump under the left side of my jaw, it is really deep under the skin so I can't really feel its full shape or movability.

I went to see my GP and she had a feel of my neck and collar bone area and has referred me for an ultrasound to find out what the lump is. That was weeks ago and I am still waiting to get an appointment from the hospital. The wait is driving me mad!

I wondered why the doctor had felt my neck and collar bone area since the lump is in my jaw... so I did the bad bad thing and GOOGLED IT... so now I have absolutely convinced myself I have lymphoma! I can feel several, small and soft movable lymph nodes in my neck and I am obsessed with feeling them daily to make sure they aren't getting bigger.

I also have had several tests on my heart as I was having heart palpitations, they all came back clear and the doctor said everything is fine. I still take my pulse regularly and now at rest my heart seems to be going so SLOW, 50-60bpm at times! I can't go back to the doctor about this as they have told me there is nothing wrong!

I can't take this any more, I am terrified I am going to die. I can't sleep, I am no longer enjoying things that I loved and it is totally exhausting..
I can't really talk to my husband, he is the most laid back person in the world and doesn't worry about anything so when I try to explain how I feel to him, although he really tries to understand, he just can't.

Does anyone have similar experience with these symptoms??
Any advice on how to get through the next few weeks until my appointment at the hospital?

Thanks in advance, and I am so sorry for the long post!