PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

avc
02-03-07, 23:27
Well, this is the furthest I've come in actually facing up to the fact that I've got a problem. It sounds silly but I've actually been scared of seeking help. It seems like if I actually start talking about my problems the more real they'll become and the less likely I'll be able to deal with them on my own. It feels like a step in the right direction though (I think!):blush:

kazzie
02-03-07, 23:44
Definatly AVC

You will meet some very nice people here and get lots of help!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

trac67
03-03-07, 00:21
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
03-03-07, 08:01
Hi AVC and :welcome:

A problem shared is a problem halved and all that. It can be scary confronting problems but the fact you have shows you're a strong person. :) Everyone on NMP is really lovely so you'll always find there's someone to lend a friendly ear.

Take care,

Pink Princess
03-03-07, 13:32
hey hunni, welcome to the site, im glad you have took that first step. it is teh right choice to make and hope you find the right support x x x
take kare x x x

nomorepanic
03-03-07, 18:37
:welcome: Avc

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some very caring people here and get some great support and advice.

manmoor
03-03-07, 20:23
Hi Avc,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

IzzyB
03-03-07, 21:29
Hallo AVC and welcome!
I do know what you mean, sometimes I feel that my anxiety feeds off of information, and when I first came on this site I initially went through a very short period where I actually felt worse because I was finding out so much about the subject and therefore there was more for me to worry about.
I can assure you that this was a good thing in the long run, and the knowledge that I have gained from the main site and from other kind members here has really helped.
Now I understand the physiology behind the symptoms they cease to hold such fear. A few years ago when I had isolated panic attacks, I only had to see the word written in a magazine article and I'd be anxious as hell and sure enough one would happen a few hours later!
You will find peace in knowing that you are not going through this alone, and scary though anxiety and panic can sometimes be, it cannot harm you.

Izzy xx

ricochet
04-03-07, 01:37
Hi avc

It is definately better to vent your problems rather than to hold them in, just makes things feel worse, for me anyway...There are a lot of friendly and helpful people on this site and a few of them have certainly helped me....Makes me feel a little better knowing i'm not on my own with my problems as it probably will with you....you're a lot better off seeking help believe me it's a step in the right direction.

Be safe
Richard

josh
04-03-07, 11:41
hello iam new too
josh

claireypoo
04-03-07, 11:55
Hi there,
Nice to meet you x
You will find a lot of help on here and make lots of new friends x
Claireypoos
Feel free to PM me!

josh
04-03-07, 11:58
hi thanks claire its nice to find somewhere to let off steam
josh..

skylight2007
04-03-07, 12:40
Hello avc, good to see you here, funny when we think our problems will become worse, the opposite happens and things arent as scarey as we once thought. you'll get lots of support and understanding here, and thats what we all need!! its great place to be. take care of you. skylight

wobily_lin
05-03-07, 18:51
Elo,
A big welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x