PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely terrified please please help

ella32
09-03-16, 18:44
About an hour ago my oven caught fire which scared the crap out of me. I managed to put it out the house was full of smoke. After it happened I started getting chest pain and popping sensation in chest area and side of breast . I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to have a heart attack now. When it happened my heart was hammering I still haven't stopped shaking. I am a smoker so now I'm thinking did breathing in the smoke from the oven damage me aswell. I'm so so scared. I was in hospital yesterday with chest pain and all fine plus had d dimer done to rule out clot cause of shortness of breath aswell. Are the chest pains and popping sensation just from the fright I got .x

countrygirl
09-03-16, 18:56
It sounds as if you anxiety was already very high with your symptoms of yesterday as they could not find any reason for your chest pain etc or am I wrong here?
If yes then the scare of the oven fire would increase your anxiety massively and increase the symptoms you already have.
If you only inhaled a little smoke for a few seconds then its unlikely to do you harm but if you feel you inhaled alot of smoke then yes get it checked out.
Sorry you have had such a scare.

Gary A
09-03-16, 18:57
Honestly, what can anyone say to you to convince you that your heart is absolutely fine? You've had dozens of tests, if that doesn't convince what can anyone here say?

Catherine S
09-03-16, 19:03
You would have had a massive adrenaline surge in that situation, which as country girl said , on top of the anxiety already there, would result in how you feel now.

ISB x

ella32
09-03-16, 20:05
I'm still on edge to b honest. Still feeling the effects of it. I know my heart is fine but just chest pain getting to me. I did breathe in a lot of smoke cause downstairs got full of smoke from it . I'm hoping I'll b ok cause i can't go to a doctor again cause only saw one yesterday. Xx

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

I am worried about having breathed in the smoke as did my kids but they seem fine . I opened the door and windows straight away. Because I'm a smoker anyway I'm worrying about breathing in the smoke. I don't have a cough or anything like that but I'm just worried. It was a grease fire in the oven so the smoke was a lot.