PDA

View Full Version : never ending panick attack

debjay
03-03-07, 00:09
hi ive suffered with anxiety for years now , but since december when i had a major panick attack it feels like its never ending ive ended up at a&e a couplr of times and am at gp s every week convinced ive got something wrong with my heart as my mane symptoms are palpitations , chest tightness, muscle tension but i feel like this from the minute i wake up i feel really anxious all the time im starting to feel really scared that im just going to drop down dead at any minute all so got IBS which isnt helping . just wondering if any one else feels like there in a constant panick attack .

nomorepanic
03-03-07, 00:11
Sounds like anxiety to me more than actual panic attacks.

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left and under the welcome topic is a thread about common posts that will help.

It will go if you do relaxation, calming techniques, breathing, exercise, good diet and generally look after yourself.

Also read the First Steps post for more advice.

debjay
03-03-07, 00:20
thank u having a really bad time at the moment , its great to be able to come to this site and read other peaples stories i dont feel so alone

nomorepanic
03-03-07, 00:23
You are never alone Deb on here.

Chin up ok?

xBettyBoopx
03-03-07, 01:50
Hi Deb

So sorry that ure having such a bad time at the moment. Yes, sounds like anxiety rather than a panic attack. I used to wake up feeling that way and have it all day long, until I went on medication. Are you on any meds? Perhaps if u had something for a short period of time, it would help relieve the tension to give u some relief and also u would then know that it is tension and not anything wrong with ure heart. This damn anxiety:mad:
Take care
Elspeth

debjay
03-03-07, 23:00
hi thanks for tour reply , im not on any meds as i took seroxat a few years ago and had really bad withdrawl so its put me of taking anything else , at the moment im seeing therapist at doctors seen her twice up to now but she just keeps telling me what i already know but ill perservere with it . i also feel anxiety from the moment i wake up last few weeks have been a nightmare keep googleing symptoms every night trying to find something wrong , some times i cant believe all these symptoms are down to anxiety , chest feels tight all time like some one is squeezing me . deb x

david
03-03-07, 23:23
Hi deb
I am new to this site but found it so helpful already.
Like you I had symptoms which scared me. Mine were chest pains whilst on holiday almost six weeks ago and i had loads of tests ecg etc but no real organic problems. I was totally incapacitated off work convinced I was about to die etc. Then I developed tinnitus which really scared me but this was put down to anxiety and stress.
Having found other people with same issues I felt that I was not alone and can honestly say that I am now feeling more relaxed and on the way to recovery. At first I would not have believed anyone if they had said I would get through it. So in a long winded way I am saying hang on in there it will get better and you are not alone.

best wishes David.

Wilburis
04-03-07, 21:46
Hi Deb

I know how you feel. I have this most days aswell.

Have you had any tests? I had an ECG which came out fine. I also had pressure in my chest and I went to the Doc thinking I had a chest infecion, he said it was the anxiety.

Best of luck - Liz xx

elle-jay
05-03-07, 13:41
yess.. i use to feel like this all the time when i first got diagnosed with it. then lately i have been feeling like that all the time. not so much a panic attack like everyone said probably more anxiety. but it just felt like it was always there ready to be set off if i got angry or saw something that scared me or i started worrying about something id get one. it was like i had to try and calm myself down 24/7, its so tiring aswell. i just felt so sleepy all the time.

debjay
05-03-07, 21:52
thanks for replys , ive had a couple of ecg s blood tests chest x ray and the usual blood pressure and stuff at doctors but every thing came back normal over last couple of weeks ive become really aware of heart beat feels like its thudding all time and i get a lot of palpitations i just cant stop worrying about them ive got a partner and two kids who im allways snapping at reasently, i just dont feel like talking to them sometimes because im that busy cocentrating on my symptoms ive suffered with anxiety for a long time but these last 4 months since my major panick attack in december have been a nightmare . debs x

nomorepanic
05-03-07, 21:57
Deb

The more you think about them the more power you give them I am afraid.

They WILL go in time when you ignore them and know that they can't hurt you atall.

Try not to sit there thinking "oh no here comes another one" and get anxious.

Just see that they are part of you at the moment and will not hurt you.

Did you manage to read the "docs reassured" posts under the links page?

deno1617
06-03-07, 11:56
Deb,
I was exactly like you describe sweetie, from the moment I woke to dropping off to sleep it was like I was "waiting for an interview" - a constant, gnawing, anxious feeling and it drove me mad! I eventually got my doctor to prescribe propanolol betablockers for the anxiety. I take 20mg 3 x a day and boy do they help! I know that medication is not always the answer, but when you have tried other methods to control the anxiety and nothing else works then in my opinion it is worth taking meds.
I still have panic attacks but the constant anxiety is a thing of the past.
Maybe consider having a chat with your doctor and ask about beta blockers? Hope this helped.
Diane
xx
p.s. Feel free to PM me if you need to chat.

W.I.F.T.S.
08-03-07, 21:26
hi debs,

I'm pretty much the same as you. I had a massive panic attack in november 2002 during a period of extreme stress and it's pretty much felt like one long panic attack ever since. I developed DP after I started taking Prozac. I felt extremely unreal, which meant that I didn't physically feel as if I was inside my body. I had panic attacks that I was having a heart attack, which was especially awful as I didn't feel grounded within my body, so I couldn't tell whether the sensations were real or imaginary.

I've been through lots of different phases with this ghastly illness. At the moment I don't feel like my whole body is tied up in knots, like it has been and I don't feel as depersonalised as I have done, in fact, I don't feel as depressed either, but agoraphobia, existential angst and the return of panic attacks have taken their place.

On a positive note. My mum had severe agoraphobia for about 4 years twenty-odd years ago and now, although she will always be a little nervy, she is pretty much fine and travels abroad every year. So, this bloody thing is beatable!!