PDA

View Full Version : Experiences of citalopram

Beckie4567
09-03-16, 21:46
Hi it took me ages to pluck up the courage to start my medication of 10mg however I finally did it and have been on them for roughly two week side affects are horrendous however I'm yet to feel better I'm hoping people would like to share there experiences on weather they worked /didn't work for them thankoyu

Beckie4567
10-03-16, 07:38
Thankyou Paul I'm treasuring the day I wake up and feel happy and normal again.thanks for your reply

NoraB
10-03-16, 07:52
Medication works for a lot of people but it's not for me. I was put on 10mg of Citalopram (after a week on beta-blockers) last week and the side effects were so severe I had to stop taking it. That's just me though. Most people are able to tolerate medication without much of a problem. My GP told me that the side-effects could last for about 4 weeks so you're half way there. If you can hold on for another couple of weeks, you should start to feel better and then you will feel the benefit of taking them.

All the best.

Beckie4567
10-03-16, 10:02
Thankyou Nora I'm hoping so x

HopelessWorrier2011
11-03-16, 14:45
Hi Beckie, it can take months for the medication to really take effect and you are on a very small dose. I have been taking 20mg for the past few years but was one of the lucky ones not to get severe side effects although my anxiety did go through the roof when I first started but I prepared myself for that and thought I cant feel any worse than I do. Although I do have slight relapses with my anxiety the tablets enable me to cope with these episodes allowing me to brush myself down and start again something I was not able to do without them. Keep going Beckie you are doing fantastic!

SA40S
11-03-16, 17:31
My doctor put me on a 20mg dose of citalopram. For the first week on them, i felt really great, then for weeks 2/3 i felt horrendous, very anxious and low. Then, thankfully, the meds started to kick in and i started to feel better, now there are no side effects. Citalopram has really helped me, turning me from being housebound through agoraphobia and GAD, to being able to get out most days now, what it hasn't helped is my social anxiety. Hopefully your side effects will start to wear off soon.

Beckie4567
11-03-16, 21:07
Thankyou noth appreciate your replays x