PDA

View Full Version : Work and Anxiety

Moomin1986
10-03-16, 06:37
Hi All,

I've suffered from ongoing Anxiety for 9 months, I've had some really bad times with it where I've had severe physical symptoms like constant dizziness, no eating, emotional distress, depression, slurred speak etc ..

Anyway I started taking citalopram 4 months ago which dramatically improve the physical symptoms - all good I thought! I was able to deal with work and the daily struggles with managing a team. I didn't have any time off work as I pushed through it suffering every day when I got home.

However the last 4 weeks have been hell!

I've got 2 members of staff off on long term sick (one that's been off for 5 months so far and one for 6) - one of these staff members is now saying they attempted suicide in the last week because of me managing them through a long disiplinary process for poor performance . You can image how that made me feel.

I've also had 2 other members of my team hand their notices in due to stress from the lower than required staff levels because of the other 2 off on long term sick .

No out of 6 staff I started with, I have 2! And the company I work for won't authorise me to backfill the positions due to money problems.

So basically I'm on a sinking ship! I'm trying desperately to hold it together but am now experiencing all the physical symptoms I had before again and to be honest I just want to walk away from the whole situation - my work ethic is winning over at the moment but I don't know how long that will last!

Any advice or support?

Thanks!!!

Lisah34
25-03-16, 11:45
Sounds similar to why my anxiety started up after 10 years. Im not in a manager role but when my supervisor isnt in ill get the pressures of her job put onto me. We have no staff on our department and the ones we do have are struggling. Im now off sick with anxiety and stress, i was hoping to go back after easter but it dont look likely at the minute so im anxious as i know its going to put everyone in the shit .my store manager dont do absence and hates anyone off sick so im worried what he will say too. You need to take a step back, breath and speak to your manager again. Do not let anxiety take over!!. I decided to go to dr and get meds im 4 days in taking them and the side effects are so much more worse then the mild anxiety i was experinance lol x