PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram- help

lavendar
10-03-16, 13:07
I took citalopram at a very low dose a few years ago when I was struggling with what I believe was pregnancy hormone induced anxiety. It wasn't severe anxiety, but it was making me moody and snappy with my family, so I wanted to get help for it. I had no side effects and only experienced slight dizziness for a week or 2 when I went off of it (I quit cold turkey because I didn't know any better). My anxiety at that time was NOTHING like what I'm experiencing now, though. Actually, if I could go back to feeling like what I felt then...I'd be jumping for joy.

I was thinking of asking my Dr for this prescription (citalopram) again. Do you think that since I've taken it in the past with no side effects there's a good chance I'll do well with it again? Or do you think more severe anxiety can cause more severe side effects?

I'm nervous to start meds because I don't think I can cope with feeling any worse than I do now. But I'm desperate because I'm struggling to cope w/ daily life. I tried sertraline a few months ago and had a very scary experience with it. I had to stop after about 7 days.

Beckie4567
10-03-16, 13:38
Hi it took me about a month after being prescribed with citalopram to actually have the guts to take them I finally did am on week 2 and don't feel great but I'm guna stick with it.i wud say if u had no side effects before the chances are u wont again x