PDA

View Full Version : Red Spots- So scared

lavendar
10-03-16, 13:33
A few weeks ago I noticed some red spots- 3 on my arm, chest and leg. They look like someone poked me with a red pen. Ran to the dr. last week and she confirmed cherry angioma. But I now see tiny little specks all over my body, smaller. Hardly even noticeable if you aren't looking very closely. Have they always been there? I have no idea. Maybe. But I'm terrified of leukemia.

I've had a lot of blood work over the last year due to a bad placental abruption during delivery with my son (this is what set off my HA in the first place), low iron and thyroid issues. Last CBC was 6 months ago and everything looked fine then. I'm getting more bloodwork at the end of this month to check on thyroid, iron levels and a CBC...but the thing is I'm struggling with the 3 week wait. I wish I could just go get the bloodwork done now to see if anything's wrong. I feel like I'm going to be on the verge of a panic attack everyday until I can go get that bloodwork done.

countrygirl
10-03-16, 13:46
The are cherry angionoma and I am covered in them, they are totally totally harmless and look completely different to petechia which is what you are confusing them with in your worries about blood cancers.

I started getting them in my late teenage years and they just keep on coming. I have them on both arms, my face, my neck and chest, shoulders and legs. Mostly they are no more than a pin prick and barely visible but I have some really big ones that look just like a red cherry on top of your skin.

They are a cosmetic problem only and do not need to be removed. Hope this reassures you

KeeKee
10-03-16, 13:47
This exact same thing happened to me pretty much as soon as I developed anxiety. I have BDD and am very aware of every little mark on my body and definitely never had them 3 years ago. Anyway, I too have cherry angioma and most are very tiny. From what I know then never go away and since I first noticed them they have increased quite a bit. I have the odd one on my legs, loads if tiny ones of my arms and the odd tiny one on my boobs and stomach.
I honestly wonder if stress/anxiety etc can cause an increase in them.

cattia
10-03-16, 14:57
Yes, this happened to me too. I have always had these but never taken much notice of them, then for some reason I read something and started to obsess over them and that's when I noticed that I had tiny ones all over me! I was totally freaked out, but when I had bloodwork done it was all fine. I guess they were just always there but I never noticed them before!

Lifelonganxiety!
10-03-16, 16:52
Yep, I have lots of little bright red dots on my skin. Totally benign. A Dr. can tell the difference between them and anything sinister so you're in the clear!

ItsNick
10-03-16, 16:56
My girlfriend and I both have them. I think they're harmless.

lavendar
10-03-16, 17:43
Thank you everyone for the responses. I do feel better knowing that others have them. I wonder if/when this constant worry over every little "symptom" will ever go away...it's draining!