PDA

View Full Version : CT with CONTRAST - tomorrow and I'm terrified

lele19
10-03-16, 20:24
Hey guys - I'm having a CT scan of my kidneys tomorrow at 9.30am with a contrast dye injected too.

I'm absolutely terrified, in my head I've been planning my own will today as I'm convinced I will go into cardiac arrest because of the dye or have a fatal allergic reaction to the dye :(

So so scared.

I'm also terrified that I Have asthma and this will increase my risk of an allergic reaction...I've never been diagnosed with asthma, but I get a bit wheezy sometimes so I have a blue inhaler. When I'm wheezy I still have 100% oxygen and normal peak flow, so my GP says that means it's not asthma but there was one time last week I felt wheezy and forgot to do my peak flow. So worried arghdfgkndg

Moley
10-03-16, 20:52
I had the same thing just over a week ago and all went well. before they give u the contrast they ask u for all ur allergies a few times. there are plenty of trained medical staff around if anything was to go wrong but its so extremely rare.

I will warn u that the contrast can make u feel really warm and have a funny taste in ur mouth and u feel like u have wet urself but this is all completely normal feeling to get from it and they will probably tell u all that before they give it to u. but these feeling don't last long at all by the time ur out and having the canula out of ur arm u will be back to feeling normal.

by 10am it will probably all be over as its didn't take long to do.
hope this helps u a bit