PDA

View Full Version : Bursts of emotion?

.Poppy.
10-03-16, 22:23
This is kind of hard to explain, but I'm not sure if it's common so I figured I'd ask.

My anxiety can make me irritable at times - that's not surprising. I just have less patience when I'm mentally strained.

However, I've had times where I am just...super emotional. It's like massive, intense frustration. Usually there's some kind of specific trigger but it's really hard to come down from.

For example, the last time this happened was in December I think. I was trying to get training help for my dog and needed bloodwork from my vet. I had to work so my brother took him in. My vet refused to do the bloodwork. I love my dog, but this was so necessary and I just felt so frustrated and helpless. My brother said that I was being dramatic, that my dog didn't need that...but on top of finals and this desperate need to help my pup it was too much. I went to my room, couldn't stop crying. I just felt really wired and agitated like I couldn't settle. My mom tried to make me feel better but got angry when I wouldn't just calm down. I ended up going outside and walking circles around our yard in the dark because I couldn't sit still.

I didn't self harm that time, but instances in the past like this have led to self harm. In fact, this is the only situation where I do. It's like I'm so pent up, so wound up that the self harm (in my case repeated scratching) helps me focus. I don't usually feel the pain these times; once I feel pain I stop.

I'm not really sure if it's a panic attack or not, since it's so specifically triggered and it's kind of unorthodox. I've had panick attacks, mainly when I'm sick and about to throw up (I can't handle that well) and it's not really the same thing....those attacks are more typical, hyperventilating, tunnel vision, arms/legs numb, etc.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

I do want to say these instances are rare...it happens once a year, if that often. I'm not an explosive cannon constantly going off!

.Poppy.
16-04-16, 20:03
Hate to resurrect this thread but I'm on the edge of one right now.

I'm going to a festival with my family. Was supposed to get to take my dog along. I helped my dad pour cement all morning with the premise. I envisioned this perfect day, weather is nice, it was going to be fun.

Then we finally got ready to leave (an hour late) and was told the dog could not come.

See? It's petty and stupid. But I had such a vision of how nice it was good to be and now everyone is mad at each other and I'm on the verge of melting down or SH.

It just builds....like this is the way it always is, I get excited for something and it falls flat.

No one gets why I'm so upset. I don't even understand.

I'm trying not to cry and I can't breathe and I don't know how to cope.

Buster70
16-04-16, 22:59
I've had a lot of problems with my dog lately and it's made me very emotional taken him to vets twice and thought he wasn't coming back now I'll watch a programme or read a sad story in the paper and I'm welling up , I cried the other day over a freind of my daughters who had a liver transplant then found she had cancer she's doing ok now and I felt a massive relief but I've never met her , when your mind gets tired you become emotional and I has to come out I've learnt before keeping it in backfires in the end , take care and look after that pooch