PDA

View Full Version : this has me curious

elle-jay
03-03-07, 13:13
ok just looking at posts.. and now i dunno if what i get is an actually panic attack or hyperventilating (?). I know i've had both before, looking back i realise the first time i ever had well thought i had a panic attack it really wasnt, i was like over excited and i couldnt breathe but as soon i just calmed down it was all good. Most of the time i just feel like i can't breathe, everyone explains these really bad heart pains, but i dont seem to get that. I do ocasionally, and it felt really bad but im just like if its a heart attack i would be able to keep walking would i?.

soo i guess what im just wondering is what would be considered a panic attack and what would you consider to just be hyperventilating?. damn thats a long word lol.

Piglet
03-03-07, 13:19
A very good book for you would be Hyperventilation Syndrome by Dinah Bradley. It's a really simple slim paperback that you can get off Amazon.

It explains the whole thing really well and with funny little cartoon drawings at the same time.

Well worth a look to see if you are breathing correctly!!

Piglet :flowers:

kimmy
03-03-07, 18:41
ive never had heart pains! Each to their own i guess

Dan D
03-03-07, 18:45
I'd read up on it.

And, for future reference, some people when having a heartattack can walk and be healthy for 10 or more minutes from the outset of the symptoms. Not all heart attacks induce grabbing your chest and arms and screaming in agony.

IzzyB
03-03-07, 21:18
Hallo Elle

I think that everyone has different symptoms... some of us get the whole shebang that are described on the site, others only get some of them.

Mine were (and I use that word "were" very optimistically as I have had 4 whole panic free days!) dizziness, really hot clammy hands, tunnel vision and a feeling of everything being very unreal. If I was unable to control the feelings, then I would get the rapid heart rate and ventilation.

My definition of anxiety symtoms (for me anyway) is feeling like a crab without a shell, very uneasy and almost like I am waiting for the panic to come up and bash me over the head.

My definition of being okay is forgetting that I have ever been plagued by these annoying symptoms in whatever shape of form they chose to come and upset me. I find the best way to do this is keep my mind occupied but it isnt always easy - sometimes we are own worst enemies.

Hope that you are feeling okay this weekend,

Izzy xx