PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus...

helenhoo
11-03-16, 11:47
So I have wax ears, always have done.

But twice over the past few weeks ive heard a ringing in ear very very faintly. When I woke up on the night it was there. Only for a few seconds and I stick finger in and it stops.

Of course being HA sufferer I worry about a brain tumor...

countrygirl
11-03-16, 12:04
If this was a sign of brain tumour then the whole population is doomed:)

Noises in the ear are all part of normal ear/brain activity, its only when it becomes so intrusive to affect your daily life thats it gets looked into.

I have pulsitile tinnitus in my left ear, whooshing in time with my heartbeat 24/7, it started 8 years ago suddenly, had brain mri and ultrasound scans of arteries in neck and nothing, its just one of those things.

This is def something you can stop worrying about although you might want to get rid of the excess wax as this itself can cause the noises.

helenhoo
11-03-16, 12:22
I had a cold last week too if this means anything. I'd forgotten it happened last night

Pastycakes
11-03-16, 18:53
I just developed tinnitus in January. It's constant. I can hear it all the time no matter what I'm doing or what background noise there is. It's driving me insane to say the least. I've also had loads of other weird symptoms that made me convinced I had a brain tumor/MS. I just had an MRI and it was totally normal! I'm sure you're 100%fine!