PDA

View Full Version : Napping is not fatigue, right?

helenhoo
11-03-16, 13:59
Having the odd nap here and there does not mean you're fatigued am I right?
Today for instance I was up early, had two interviews and back and forth across the city so I felt a bit tired so opting for a nap.

ItsNick
11-03-16, 14:30
Many people take naps. Normal.

Heaven_Scent
11-03-16, 14:39
Naps are totally normal. Some research states they're actually good for us.

Lifelonganxiety!
11-03-16, 16:01
I always used to take naps, now my wife won't let me, lol.

They're not a sign of fatigue (in the sense you're thinking it's a bad thing!), just that you have exerted yourself physically or mentally (interviews are very draining) or that you're bored, or that you ate too much or... any number of reasons!

lavendar
11-03-16, 16:15
When I think of real fatigue, I think of how I felt during my 3rd trimesters of my pregnancies. By 2pm, I couldn't function. I was so so so tired. I was almost in tears because I needed a nap so badly but had other small children to care for. There are days when I would enjoy a nap for various reasons (sometimes feeling drained from anxiety or because the baby didn't sleep well that night), but I don't NEED a nap the way I did when I was 9 months pregnant. That's how I gauge whether I'm truly fatigued vs an occassional nap after a difficult day.

helenhoo
11-03-16, 16:29
I guess I'm slightly worried because I also have a few bruises on my legs (some explained for)

meche
11-03-16, 16:44
I get days when I wish I could take naps but damn work gets in the way! On weekends if I'm less busy I have found myself on occasions nodding off on the sofa. I guess it's just my body's way of recharging some energy.

I often get bruises I can't explain - I guess I just bruise easily. xx

helenhoo
11-03-16, 16:45
I only slept for half hour and felt refreshed :)