PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please talk me down?

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 15:20
I'm really bad right now & I'm so scared :(
Not in a "I'm going to hurt myself" way, but I feel the most agitated I've ever felt before and restless. I can't stand or sit still, my whole body is shaking, I've been sick twice, my head is hurting and I literally feel like I'm going insane. I'm certain that this is what it feels like to lose your mind.

I drove to my mums about an hour ago & I'm just hiding in the bedroom freaking out. Literally, what is happening to me? I feel like I'm losing my grip on reality, if I could drive myself to a&e then I would because this feels unbearable.

help me 21
11-03-16, 15:23
Panic attact?

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Panic attact? Ur not alone my eyes hurts scarying me

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 15:26
I've had panic attacks thousands of times before & they've never felt like this. I feel like I'm having some sort of psychotic episode or something

Heaven_Scent
11-03-16, 15:58
Do you have anyone you can ring? I had a similar episode a few weeks ago, I was hallucinating and couldn't keep still. It did pass and thankfully it's not happened since. Can you sit down? Try and take some deep breaths and keep talking on here. Nothing bad is going to happen and you're in a safe place xx

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 16:05
My mum is here now. I just asked her to take me to the hospital because I'm losing my mind but she said no, it's just panic and it will pass. I know she's right.
I had my citalopram stopped abruptly on Tuesday & have had increasing anxiety since so I'm sure this was bound to happen eventually.

Heaven_Scent
11-03-16, 16:08
At least you have insight into the reason you may be feeling like this so you're not loosing your mind :) Has it eased a bit?

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 16:12
Yes it's easing a bit now. Thank you. I haven't ever felt like this in my life, I was absolutely sure that I was psychotic then.

Heaven_Scent
11-03-16, 16:16
Glad to hear it hun. Maybe speak to your GP and explain whats happened. Depersonalisation/Dissociatiation can be a withdrawal symptom/side effect of SSRIs

It scared the absolute sh*t out of me, think it was a build up over time and my brain just kinda said "that's enough now" Lol.

meche
11-03-16, 16:27
I had an episode like this a few years ago when my anxiety was sky high & it was terrifying. Like you I thought I was losing my mind & I didn't know what to do. It took a few days to calm down from it because it scared & exhausted me so much. Looking back on it now I can see it was the panic attack from hell but at the time...... :ohmy:!! All I can advise is just go with it & have people around you who have a comforting/calming effect. I promise it will pass. Big hugs. xx

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 16:29
Thank you for replying, that's really good to know. Just going to stay hiding on my mums sofa for the evening I think, it's really shaken me up x

meche
11-03-16, 16:36
It's bound to. Mine terrified me for days afterwards because I was so anxious about it happening again..... vicious circle. It didn't & hasn't since. Look after yourself, snuggle up on the sofa & just accept it for what it was - a nasty episode. xxx

Suziewuzie
11-03-16, 16:47
It's so awful what your mind can do to you, I can't believe how utterly horrifying that was :( how can panic make you so convinced you're losing your mind? I wasn't even doing anything remotely scary at the time!

Heaven_Scent
11-03-16, 16:56
It's horrendous!! Take reassurance that it is more than likely a one off. Like meche says look after yourself and be kind to yourself. It does sound like it could be related to you coming off your citalopram.

Col
12-03-16, 09:27
Classic full scale panic.

You really have to use the dregs of any brain power to work through this.
Distraction, tapping exercise (youtube),just simply being left alone to deal with this, is also good because people who have never experienced this, don't tend to get it and that will lead to comments or them to over react and that's not good.

So distraction techniques....anything that takes your mind off you. Do whatever makes you comfortable, if yo need to run around the house... Do it! But in order to combat this, you need distraction first, to stop you behaving erratic. Then eat and get a good long sleep.
And taking things in baby steps, when you experience symptoms like this, takes time for your brain and body to work together.
Eat and sleeping well are both vital in overcoming these symptoms.

Ps... I was exactly the same. I remember loosing it so bad, I ran outside and up my road, got to the end of the road and realised.... Couldn't run anywhere because at the time, I'd started suffering from agrophobia. Utterly at rock bottom, couldn't run nor hide from it. Terrible.

BrokenAge
17-03-16, 08:15
I've had panic attacks thousands of times before & they've never felt like this. I feel like I'm having some sort of psychotic episode or something
I've had this same experince before. I'm 17 and I know what you're talking about. I had a panic attack where I felt like I was going insane. Worst panic attack I've ever had. I was thinking what if I start to hallucinations or paranoia. Little did I know this was an OCD theme. I can say I'm so much better now. Haven't had a panic attack since. Message me if you need help with these feelings. I seriously understand the petrifiying fear of going insane.