PDA

View Full Version : all day panic

JulieJay92
11-03-16, 19:40
had 2 beers yesterday and today after my drs at 9am ive been awful, kinda jittery all day and chest pains no headache so unsure if its simply a hangover or what but its freaking me out

fishman65
11-03-16, 22:07
Alcohol can have that effect on some people the next day leiajulie, I know I tend to be more anxious post alcohol. Are you on medication? Try to make another appt to see your doctor perhaps. All the best.

Col
12-03-16, 09:18
Right if you suffer with panic attacks in that you've been medically diagnosed.... Then anything that's going to make you wobble I.e, alcohol, caffeine, meds, STOP consuming.
Seek medical/professional advice about alternatives or simply stop consuming them knowing how bad you feel, such things are very likely to (in the end) make you feel much much worse.

JulieJay92
12-03-16, 23:50
im still the same pains in both shouldrs and thumbs, yes im on amitryptline and diazapem was at drs on wed back in 2 weeks

livefree83
13-03-16, 03:17
If you are taking any benzo, you should not be drinking. I made that mistake once. Try to calm yourself down. It is just a panic attack. Do breathing exercises and try not to focus on the symptoms. They are typical anxiety/panic symptoms and they will not harm you. Try to distract your thoughts. You probably have a slight hangover. When I drank while taking my medication, it took about two days to return to pre-anxiety state. Just don't do it again and try to focus on other things besides your symptoms. You will be ok.

JulieJay92
13-03-16, 10:47
livefree, my dizapem are to take when i need , not everyday and i never take them when im drinking or knowing that im having a drink that evening seeem bit better this am

I also think it was thrugh lack of sleeep, the stress of my divorce and moving house

NoraB
14-03-16, 06:57
livefree, my dizapem are to take when i need , not everyday and i never take them when im drinking or knowing that im having a drink that evening seeem bit better this am

I also think it was thrugh lack of sleeep, the stress of my divorce and moving house

When you are sensitized you become sensitive to all kinds of food and drink and alcohol is a biggy. One pint of beer will trigger a panic attack for me so I don't drink now because it's just not worth it until my body stops reacting to everything.

Regards your meds...

Medications stay in your system for longer than you think. I took one anti-depressant tab ( Citalopram) and that was in my system for the best part of 7 days. So even if you know you are going to have a drink and don't take a tablet, chances are the drug will still be in your system from the last one you took so it will react with alcohol making your anxiety worse.