PDA

View Full Version : Me again. Leg feels bruise, no bruise.

helenhoo
11-03-16, 20:54
On the luekemia worry (only slightly) I have a few small bruises dotted some accounted for but one part of my calf feels bruised with no bruise? Only when I touch it?

Elen
11-03-16, 20:58
Reb hun, please don't take this the wrong way, but I am concerned over the number and variety of posts recently.

Seeking re-assurance can end up being incredibly addictive and I would hate to see you go down that route.

I really hope you take this in the spirit that it is intended as I do not mean it as a criticism.

helenhoo
11-03-16, 21:02
Oh I do and oddly enough ive felt better. I've not had any major concerns just the odd here and there.

ItsNick
11-03-16, 21:03
Reb,

I think Elen is right and I think that you're just fine! People have responded to almost the same exact post not to long ago. I also need to start getting this Anxiety treated and I think you do as well. I'm not trying to sound mean as I need help myself.

helenhoo
11-03-16, 22:34
I guess so it's just hard.

Nzxt27
11-03-16, 22:36
Yeah. If your really that worried over all the stuff it might help to see a doctor. They can easy your mind on a lot of it probably just by looking at it without any test.

.Poppy.
11-03-16, 22:59
Reb,

It IS hard. So hard. I can't give you any lovely success story as I'm new to the awful road of fighting anxiety. But hard as it is, I don't want to be scared anymore. I want to fight it as best I can.

Do you have anyone you could talk to?

helenhoo
11-03-16, 23:01
I'm still less than a year in this horrid state and I am a lot better than ive been. I have family friends and boufriend but ive asked so many questions the past few months. I've just started to taste 'blood/metallic' too lol.

Good luck with your journey.

Fishmanpa
11-03-16, 23:37
I've just started to taste 'blood/metallic' too lol.

I agree with the previous posters. The number and subject matter of your posts truly indicate some severe anxiety. I see a lot of ~lol~ and "haha" but this is no laughing matter. IMO, getting some professional help is warranted as you're having difficulty rationalizing common body noise. The "blood/metallic" (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste) taste is yet another symptom of anxiety.

Best wishes and as always

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
11-03-16, 23:45
Yeah I think you should go see a doctor and talk with them. I mean most people here are suffering from health anxiety towards something or two. But if your really having all these symptoms I would have done made a DR appointment. Heck I got one next week and the doctor acted like I didn't even need one when I went to the ER. But I can't keep going like this. It's affecting me and the people around me.

And I just had a buddy that had crazy bruise like maybe something to do with his nerves and it looked bad like bigger than a soft ball of dark areas with light areas In between them. He thought was a circulation problem and went to hospital and they said it was bruise with some nerve damage. Bruises can look different then just the common dark spot.

MyNameIsTerry
11-03-16, 23:58
Reb hun, please don't take this the wrong way, but I am concerned over the number and variety of posts recently.

Seeking re-assurance can end up being incredibly addictive and I would hate to see you go down that route.

I really hope you take this in the spirit that it is intended as I do not mean it as a criticism.

Elen,

Am I the only one finding this one star rating business unpleasant? It's always good to see it used to rate good threads to highlight them to others in case they could help but using it in this manner to rate people's issues, or rather rating them as poor, is so unnecessary.

ItsNick
12-03-16, 00:08
Elen,

Am I the only one finding this one star rating business unpleasant? It's always good to see it used to rate good threads to highlight them to others in case they could help but using it in this manner to rate people's issues, or rather rating them as poor, is so unnecessary.

I never even know you could rate them. I agree with you, though. Like many others, including myself Reb is going through a real tough time...

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 00:12
I think the issues are important. But I do think if rev is having that many Random things anxiety or health related that it would be best to see a doctor to rule out most or all of them. But I do understand the need to find support here for anxiety. And if you need someone to talk to reb I am here.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Yeah I don't rate anyone's thread on here. But if I do see a 4 or 5 star one I will for sure check it out.

helenhoo
12-03-16, 01:28
I don't have symptpms that are a concern though, I know they are mostly anxiety. Just bruises. I had a rash that I was concerned but was funfal (used cream and cleared). Litey just IT. If you are HA You'll know logic doesn't come into soemtimes despite being educated and self aware. I'm ok.

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Like a bruise, oh I'm worried. Spot on fce, oh I'm worried. Usual things nobody would think twice about. Which is why I seem reassurance on here just be told I'm overreacting. Harsh truths work sometimes.

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

And i guess now I'm worrying that YOU think I need to see a doctor, like this are concerning.

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 01:44
I'm not saying your symptoms are worrying. I just think if you are having severe anxiety that a doctor might be able to put your mind at rest some.

Elen
12-03-16, 09:49
I never even look at the star rating but I am sure that it is not meant to demean the issues that people are going through.

Reb I never said that you were over reacting I, only meant to say that re-assurance seeking can spiral out of control and perhaps trying to address the underlying anxiety might be a good way forward.

I think I saw on one of your previous posts that you didn't want to get help but it may help you in the long run.

I am sorry if I have caused offence as that was not my intention at all.

helenhoo
12-03-16, 10:12
Oh know I meant that as a good thing. Us HA sufferers don't need mithering we need to be told straight and that's what this group does. What I mean AA meetings do.

I like to think maybe all my concerns are coming out in one big vomit but I am feeling less anxious I promise. I Knkw my overload of posts contradict that. As I said above we over think something tiny that non-sufferers would think twice about.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Ha and I find it funny there's a rating system! ��

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-16, 10:29
I never even look at the star rating but I am sure that it is not meant to demean the issues that people are going through.

I disagree, Elen. This has been done ONLY on Reb's last threads so clearly someone is unhappy. Why rate something as poor? It started on the TMI one and then the next batch all had it. Then somewhere between 11pm-12am ish it happened on two more.

helenhoo
12-03-16, 10:34
Oh really? It's personal *rols up sleeves* I'll fight you whoever you are. YES ive been annoying. Christ id be annoyed at myself but I'm here to help others and expect the same back. We're all in this together after all.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

I see it now. Well I'm honoured either way. Cheers stranger for rating my silly concerns. I don't quite know what to do with your rating - speech?

Elen
12-03-16, 10:35
I disagree, Elen. This has been done ONLY on Reb's last threads so clearly someone is unhappy. Why rate something as poor? It started on the TMI one and then the next batch all had it. Then somewhere between 11pm-12am ish it happened on two more.

Really Terry, I honestly had no idea. I will raise it with the other admins.

Catherine S
12-03-16, 10:48
Where is the star rating? In all these years its the first time I've ever seen it mentioned, is it new?

Cath x

helenhoo
12-03-16, 10:52
I'm not bothered personally :)

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-16, 10:54
Where is the star rating? In all these years its the first time I've ever seen it mentioned, is it new?

Cath x

It normally says "Rate Thread" at the top (next to the search option and thread tools). There is a down arrow you click on. When it's been rated already it will just show the stars it has been rated with the down arrow next to it.

It's been on here ages, before my time.

You can rate it in Advanced Post as well I think, it's underneath in the extra options it gives.

Thanks Elen.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

I'm not bothered personally :)

That's good to hear, Reb. Some would take it to heart.

.Poppy.
12-03-16, 13:13
Reb,

Posts here aside, how are you doing "in the real world"? Are you able to challenge or rationalize your fears? Are you able to put them aside and get your mind off of them, either to worry about them later or decide you don't need to worry right now at all?

helenhoo
12-03-16, 13:32
I am very logical, educated and sane. I have a worry, confide this site, get on with my day. I'm no longer googling or assessing. I'm happy.

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 15:54
Yeah it's good your not googling. I haven't googled either in awhile.

helenhoo
12-03-16, 15:56
I say that; I just noticed a big toe nail was split vertically so unrelated to HA I googled to see what the haps was with it and how to fix. What article crops up - toenail melonoma. Yeah, thanks google.

Beckie4567
12-03-16, 15:58
Hi reb I've been exactly where you are a month back and got the same treatment you are please don't let these people attack you.i no what it's like to suffer with extreme anxiety I am feeling abit better and have taken the pludge to medication.which is early days if u ever need a chat on if u see my old threads and how much I posted and how people responded you will see.no doubt I'll get a response from this one but I don't care as I've taken the step to better myself it's not easy but I'm getting there slowly hang in there xx

helenhoo
12-03-16, 16:04
I can handle it! (Not saying you can't/couldn't) I'm really not phased by strangers opinions of me. I was under the impression we helped each other here. There are mostly decent responses, as ive said sometimes the truth hurts and I'm aware ive posted a lot. Glad you're feeling better hun, xxx

Beckie4567
12-03-16, 16:05
No problem glad ya ok wouldn't say I'm feeling better but getting there x

Nzxt27
12-03-16, 16:09
I wish we all could get to feeling better :).

Beckie4567
12-03-16, 16:17
I've been through a really bad time of anxiety on here posting all the time :( it took me weeks to pluck up the courage to take my first med .have u tried medication .

helenhoo
12-03-16, 16:19
It sounds silly with all my posts but I don't think I need meds. I need therapy I think. I have the logic there just need to put it into play a bit more

Beckie4567
12-03-16, 16:25
Well hope it all works for u I found cat didn't work for me but wish u the best of luck hun

Fishmanpa
12-03-16, 16:29
It sounds silly with all my posts but I don't think I need meds. I need therapy I think. I have the logic there just need to put it into play a bit more

I've said that very thing to you in another thread. "Use the Force Reb... use the Force!" You just need a "Yoda" to teach you. ;)

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
12-03-16, 16:58
I think people here (myself included) just know how easy it is to spiral.

Just another suggestion, and you don't have to take it, but have you considered an online CBT workbook? I started one under the recommendation of my therapist and it's pretty good...I have struggled with it for various reasons but that's one reason I've been given medication.

You may find it very helpful. In fact, some of the thought challenging exercises and mindfulness info can benefit just about everyone.

MyNameIsTerry
13-03-16, 06:12
I think people here (myself included) just know how easy it is to spiral.

Just another suggestion, and you don't have to take it, but have you considered an online CBT workbook? I started one under the recommendation of my therapist and it's pretty good...I have struggled with it for various reasons but that's one reason I've been given medication.

You may find it very helpful. In fact, some of the thought challenging exercises and mindfulness info can benefit just about everyone.

Good suggestion, Poppy. Reb says she is logical and needs help moving forward so knowledge might be the guidance needed as opposed to support. Online workbooks or CCBT might be a good place to start.

Fishmanpa
14-03-16, 21:11
have you considered an online CBT workbook?

Poppy, Reb has a book that was purchased for her as is mentioned in a previous thread. That's the "force" I'm referring to. And also as I'm referring, sometimes one needs a "Yoda" (therapist) to teach and hold one accountable. CBT is some pretty good stuff IMO but you have to put the work in on a regular basis for it to work and stay effective. I'm just not seeing that happening based on what I'm reading.

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
14-03-16, 21:31
Poppy, Reb has a book that was purchased for her as is mentioned in a previous thread. That's the "force" I'm referring to. And also as I'm referring, sometimes one needs a "Yoda" (therapist) to teach and hold one accountable. CBT is some pretty good stuff IMO but you have to put the work in on a regular basis for it to work and stay effective. I'm just not seeing that happening based on what I'm reading.

Positive thoughts

Ah, I must have missed that.

Love the Star Wars reference by the way. It makes perfect sense!